I'm going to see Gilmour in concert!!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
pffan1990

I'm going to see Gilmour in concert!!!

Post by pffan1990 »

Edit: Below is the original thread with my ticket request. Further on down is my announcement of my ticket to see Gilmour!

I live in Danville, Kentucky and am frustrated with the fact that the closest show is in Chicago and the tickets are already sold out! I would otherwise request for one ticket but there's a problem: I'm legally blind and cannot drive six hours due to my visual limitations. However, there is a way providing there are 2-3 tickets available for any one of the two Chicago shows (as long as the tickets are the same night together) as my parents could take me (they're fans as well!).

So, do(es) anyone here have some extra Chicago tickets laying around that I can buy or trade? Pretty please? :cry: If possible, of course, the tickets should be in one night performance together. PM me for any details, deals, or help, etc. Thanks!
Last edited by pffan1990 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

Good Luck. Continue to check all of the different avenues for tickets. There is always the chance that more tickets might be released as time goes on. We're rooting for you.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

What do you mean by "avenues"? You mean there are actually more 'places' to buy tickets other than Ticketmaster?

On a related note, I just saw on Ticketmaster (still seems to be sold out by the way) that they offer a Deluxe Package for the April 12th show, where the 3-day/2-night (April 11-13) accomodations for hotels, transportations and fifth row seats are offered at a price for $1,350 for double occupancy hotel room (these are sold out for sure) and $1,600 for single occupancy room. Come to find out, the $1,600 tickets are still available, but I'm still responsible for flying out six hours! LOL, I ain't that rich!

Thanks for your thoughts.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

i am going to chicago and would be willing to pick you up and drop you back off only thing is i will be arriving in chicago on the 11 and staying until the 17. if you can get a ticket, i will provide transportation for you if you can work with my schedule.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:i am going to chicago and would be willing to pick you up and drop you back off only thing is i will be arriving in chicago on the 11 and staying until the 17. if you can get a ticket, i will provide transportation for you if you can work with my schedule.
That's killer of you to offer that Jedi,hope he finds the tickets and it all worksout.
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

By different avenues I meant E-Bay or stubhub.com. The prices listed are ridiculous now, but I have never gone back and seen what the tickets actually sell for. I know this is a very popular ticket, but you never know. The distance you have to travel is obviously a big obstacle. It also never hurts to try the local radio stations in Chicago. Plead your case. Tell them your story. It couldn't hurt. Good Luck! Let Us Know.
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Thanks everyone for your tips, comments, suggestions, etc. Thanks to Jedi for your offer to provide transportation. I'll just wait and see; maybe know for sure within a few weeks. I found someone on another forum who may have the tickets (that user had yet to receive payment from another person and may offer them by PM request. So, I've PM'ed him/her and hope they'll consider me; it also depends on ticket price offers).

I also found some available tickets on CheapPricedTickets website, but they're too darned expensive! Also, I did some Google search for most Chicago radio stations and emailed/submitted forms to them about my situation.

Thanks again!
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

Jedi has an extra ticket for the 4/12 show in chicago for sale. Ask and ye shall receive.
pffan1990

Got a ticket!

Post by pffan1990 »

I was able to find someone to offer me a ticket to the April 13th Chicago show at face value. The seat is very good! Since I got only one ticket, my Dad will drive me over six hours to the show, due to my vision problems. He used to be a truck driver and loved Chicago so he is willing to go back (he is also a Pink Floyd fan, so he understands the 'importance' of this trip; LOL!). So my ticket search is over and I'm a-gonna goin' to see Gilmour! Woo-hoo!!!

Thanks for your all help and encouragement!

P.S.: I've been a fan since 1990 (hence my username) and missed out on the sold-out 1994 shows. The only Floyd-related show I went to was Waters "In The Flesh" 2000 tour in Cincinnati. And I wasn't able to be there at Live8 so you can imagine my excitement to see David (and Rick!) in concert. This is a dream come true!
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

DG

Post by Arnie Layne »

Fantastic mate :D have a great time! :D

wish I was er....there? :lol: