Single

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Tails!
Axe
Axe

Single

Post by Tails! »

i was just wondering if there are any plans to release a single of 'on an island'? having listened to th title track on radio 2 earlier has really wet my appetite! cheers adios.
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

Quote from davidgilmour.com:

"A commercial version of the single will be available as a 2-track CD single (including the 4'40" edit as well as the 6'50" album version), in store in the UK on March 6th to coincide with the album release."
zombywoof
Axe
Axe

Post by zombywoof »

They should be floating somewhere out there on the intarweb
floydboy75
Blade
Blade

Post by floydboy75 »

I don't think I'll bother with a single. I'm sure most of us are going to buy the whole album anyway. As long as the single is on the www until then, Ill be happy.
Oh yeah, nice avatar ReGen! Looks oddly familiar?!? :-k
When I seen the artwork I thought that would make a very nice avatar!
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

floydboy75 wrote: Oh yeah, nice avatar ReGen! Looks oddly familiar?!? :-k
When I seen the artwork I thought that would make a very nice avatar!
I Guess great minds think alike! :wink:
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

I?ve just listened to D G?s On an Island track. It?s not going to make the music world sit up and take notice is it? What a boring load of codswallop. Dull dreary lyrics put to dull same old sounding guitar. This doesn?t exactly make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. It would not be out of place if it had been shoved in The Division Bell cd. I can?t hear any progression at all seems that D G has been stuck in a rut for a few years. I hope the completed C D is better then this.

I will now wait for the shit to hit the fan and be accused of God knows what.

Perhaps I should go away for a long long time.

No linking to copyrighted songs/materials on the board - saucerfulofmeddle
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

oldhippy, when was the last time any PF-related album came out that really had the fans going - they have largely been disappointments for the past couple of decades...at best, I could take About Face, AMLoR, DB and now On An Island, and come up with one CD mix of decent music from Gilmour...representing two decades! (I might want to throw a Wright song or two on there to fill it out)...Ca Ira came and went...
Hitch Hiker
Blade
Blade

Post by Hitch Hiker »

oldhippy wrote:I?ve just listened to D G?s On an Island track. It?s not going to make the music world sit up and take notice is it? What a boring load of codswallop. Dull dreary lyrics put to dull same old sounding guitar. This doesn?t exactly make the hairs stand up on the back of your neck. It would not be out of place if it had been shoved in The Division Bell cd. I can?t hear any progression at all seems that D G has been stuck in a rut for a few years. I hope the completed C D is better then this.

I will now wait for the shit to hit the fan and be accused of God knows what.

Perhaps I should go away for a long long time.

No linking to copyrighted songs/materials on the board - saucerfulofmeddle
Personally I like On An Island, however of course its not going to be to everyones taste.

Your feelings underline why I feel it is best that Pink Floyd be left we remember them, I feel as you do the albums post TFC are shite.

The only album I have liked up to now post Floyd was ATD, I thought that was fantastic.

I said on another thread I feel that a reunited Floyd would only dilute what they had already achieved, they gave us so much lets be grateful and get on with it.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

oldhippy wrote:Dull dreary lyrics put to dull same old sounding guitar.
:lol:

You've just described the whole PF career. - kidding