Special David Gilmour gig?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Special David Gilmour gig?

Post by Damn!t »

From "Fleeting glimpse":

Seems the season for rumours is well and truly upon us.
This one states that David will perform a very special concert in London in March to launch his new album.
We understand the whole album will be played live in a very small venue and broadcast live on Radio 2 in the UK.
We are advised that everyone will have a chance to win tickets to be in attendance soon.
The source for this story is generally reliable, so we are following this one up with David's Management for more details.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Another RoIO to add to the list..... 8)
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

davidgilmour.com :

"David and his full live 'On An Island' band will be playing a special concert for BBC Radio 2 on Tuesday 7th March for later broadcast. Entry will be by ticket only, issued by the BBC.

Full details of how to obtain tickets will be revealed exclusively on Radio 2's Johnnie Walker drivetime show on Monday 20th February, so make sure you tune in."
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

ReGen wrote:davidgilmour.com :

"David and his full live 'On An Island' band will be playing a special concert for BBC Radio 2 on Tuesday 7th March for later broadcast. Entry will be by ticket only, issued by the BBC.

Full details of how to obtain tickets will be revealed exclusively on Radio 2's Johnnie Walker drivetime show on Monday 20th February, so make sure you tune in."
Lucky guys in Great Britain, does BBC air it on their website?
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

The concert is being recorded and will be broadcast on the radio, I think, 2 weeks after the event. So you wil be able to listen to it then, and if you miss it then, you can catch it upto a week later. I don't think it's being filmed.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

this will be what he puts out on dvd... :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:this will be what he puts out on dvd... :D
How do you know ?
I think it's just as plausable that he will add footage from the RAH or anywhere else on his tour :)
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

I thinks he wants to say that there will be a torrent somewhere around here just couple minutes after the show har har
8) :wink: :twisted: :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Good old Radio 2. The only listenable music radio station here in England.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Don't forget to listen to Johnny Walker today !! I think he's on now ? :?

:)
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

Unfortunately, I can't listen at work so if someone finds out what you have to do to enter, please can you post the details. Ta.

EDIT: Here's how to enter the competition:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/davi ... index.shtm
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

even though im going to see David at the RAH on 30th may i entered this compo too i doubt i will win it though but who knows :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Well I never win anything BBC related or even get a song requested. So I'm not expecting to win :)
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

The BBC Radio 2 website reports that,as well as the audio broadcast of the London show on 11th March,video will also be available;
"Press the red button from BBC One, Two, Three or Four between March 11 and 14 to watch a 30 minute edit of the concert. This is Radio 2's first interactive TV production.

Broadband users will also be able to watch a 60-minute edit of the concert via the Radio 2 website."

Also,don't forget that the competition to win tickets to the show closes tomorrow.
Hitch Hiker
Blade
Blade

Post by Hitch Hiker »

moodyblue wrote:Good old Radio 2. The only listenable music radio station here in England.
Seconded