Special David Gilmour gig?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Neil1567/2 wrote:The BBC Radio 2 website reports that,as well as the audio broadcast of the London show on 11th March,video will also be available;
"Press the red button from BBC One, Two, Three or Four between March 11 and 14 to watch a 30 minute edit of the concert. This is Radio 2's first interactive TV production.
Broadband users will also be able to watch a 60-minute edit of the concert via the Radio 2 website."
hot damn now I just have to remember this when it happens
and maybe even hope I can figure out how to save that 60minute edit as a file
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

so who was the lucky chap to win the tickets for that special gig anyone on here.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

azza200 wrote:so who was the lucky chap to win the tickets for that special gig anyone on here.
There was only one winner ? :? what ? :? I thought they were selecting a few hundred from all the entrants :?

:(
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

just been on Davids blog and theres like 25 or so winners not one :?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

azza200 wrote:just been on Davids blog and theres like 25 or so winners not one :?
I'm not there :smt090
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

On Davids Blog-site, there are more tickets to be won for the Mermaid gig - but you have to tell the administrator why in 30 words! I had a crack at it - fingers crossed!
Also, BBC Radio 6 is running a competition to the same gig. It says it ends on the 6th March, so hope that isn't an error! Check their web-page.
As I said in my "despair not" thread, my friend was an employee of the RAH box-office and he is convinced there will be more tickets when the corporate member's seats are returned, which should be about six weeks before gig-time. He might be wrong, but he got Cream tickets long after they sold out!
The very best of luck to all those still searching!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

That competition on Davids blog closes in 10 mins :o :shock: :)
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Apologies for any disappointment that this causes, but we only have 75 pairs to give away! Besides, we do want those to go to our Fan Fare regulars, so operating on a 'first come, first served' basis makes sense.
That means I've won :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:smt041 <ii> :smt043 :smt116 :smt107 :smt038
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

Did you win, thrill seeker?

I was one of the unlucky ones - oh well, at least I'll see him at the RAH in May.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

vickyc007 wrote:Did you win, thrill seeker?

I was one of the unlucky ones - oh well, at least I'll see him at the RAH in May.
Yeah :D I'm over at AFG too...you would have seen my celebrations there 8) I'm justdawning over there

Still can't believe you weren't a lucky one :?
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

Me too!!! OMFG!!! \:D/
Well done to the other lucky people here! See you next week! I can't believe it!
I feel gutted for those who entered and didn't win, but as I mentioned further up the page, head over to the BBC Radio 6 site for another crack at Mermaid tickets! The very best of luck to you! I'll keep my fingers crossed! :smt023 :smt117
(the chicken represents tickets!)

"The competition closes at 2pm Monday 6 March 2006. Only one competition entry per person will be accepted. Winners will be notified by 5pm that day. Winners will be chosen at random from all correct entries received. Winners must make their own way to and from the venue.

Please be sure to read the 6 Music competition rules.

All personal information supplied is held securely by the BBC and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Your details will not be used for any other service.

Please note the BBC is not responsible for the content of external websites."
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

thrill-seeker Posted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:57 pm Post subject:

vickyc007 wrote:
Did you win, thrill seeker?

Yeah I'm over at AFG too...you would have seen my celebrations there I'm justdawning over there

Still can't believe you weren't a lucky one
and im azza200 over on AFG lol just seen your name on davids blog KOOL :D :D gonna be a good night.
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

Right then - I'm off to London. - WOO FUCKING HOO!!! :smt109 :smt118 <ii> :smt066 :smt041 :smt030 \:D/ [-D-]
Will let you all know how it goes - when I sink back down off of cloud number nine!!! :smt023
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Oh by the way...it's first come first serve tonight :shock: I just been to the theatre and thats what they told me so anyone living in London....can just come down and queue outside :o :lol:
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

Someone on another board just tried calling them and they said it WASN'T open to the general public.

I think when they said "first come" etc they were referring to the competition winners and people queueing etc. As it there are no saved seats whomever gets there first can sit where they like.

I managed to get a ticket so will be there 5ish.