Special David Gilmour gig?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

WOW what a night that was was a surreal experience seing David Rick Guy Jon in person it was an amazing concert good light show and the sound was top notch.

After the concert i met Polly Samson,David Gilmour,Guy Pratt,Dick Parry and Jon Carin i also shock Davids hand spoke to him for a few seconds i also shock Guy Pratts hand Dick Parrys.

I got my ticket signed by them all all above but i got my latest edition of Mojo magazine signed by the man himself David Gilmour that was a surreal unforgetable night which i wont forget ever. The songs played were amazing the sound of the guitar on certain notes touched your eardrum that powerful.
I heard i think the best Shine On You Crazy Diamond ever, Wearing The Inside Out was great to see and hear live for the first time amazing.
I also have a feeling that i might get on TV when they show it and you might hear my voice as i called out one or songs.

But i cant belive i have met David Gilmour and shock his hand im going to admit i nearly cried when i was there as i couldnt belive it me finally seeing my idol hero.

Thats one night i will never forget
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS! That was the best show I have ever seen/heard!!! Sorry I'm late - long journey back to Plymouth!

On an Island
The blue
Smile
Take a Breath
This Heaven
Shine on
High Hopes
Wearing The Inside out
Comfy Numb
Encore - On an Island
The Blue

So, then. I can confirm that all the OAI tracks played sounded absolutely fantastic and work really well live. At the end of the performance for an encore, David wanted to play two of these tracks again, as he wasn't happy with them for broadcast (a total perfectionist)!
David played a reinerpretation of Shine On, that if he plays the same way on the tour WILL BLOW YOU ALL AWAY!!! And watching him play Numb and Hopes at such close proximity was... I have no words for it!!!
There was quite an informal atmosphere in the Mermaid - at one point David ran away to visit the loo, leaving Guy to try and amuse us! I was sat fairly centrally, three rows behind Polly and David's family, and about four seats along from 'Whispering' Bob Harris!!! Which was nice!
And then it was all over, and after singing Happy Birthday to David we were all ushered into the wet London night, our jaws dragging on the floor!
Can't wait for the broadcast. Also, my guest knew the guys who were doing the sound recording (the Beeb farmed it out), so hopefully I can get my hands on an un-edited copy of the tracks with both versions of OAI and Blue! All of you who have tickets are not going to be dissapointed!!! Roll on RAH!!!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Bar area of the venue after the concert.

I have to say out of the few Concerts i have been too last nights one is the best ever without a doubt the David joked with audience here and there it felt surreal being in the same room with all the people i look up too and respect and to be in a room with them a feet away from is a feeling hard to explain. When David started singing Shine On and High Hopes i was singing pretty much the same time as him.

But the thing what made it even more amazing for me was me and justdawning hanged around out by the bar and we eventually got David to sign some of are stuff.
As i was upclose to David i said to him You have inspired me to play guitar and he said great well done keep it up and i asked him to shake my hand and he did OMG i spoke to David Gilmour my idol/hereo and shoke his hand i still cant belive it.
Guy Pratt came down after David had gone back to his family and friends and signed autographs just as he was going back to the bar i asked to shake his hand and he did another OMG moment it was weird seing Guy in person as i am so used to seing him on DSOT and Pulse.

Then a few minutes later Dick Parry came down and signed some autographs i got my ticket signed shoke his hand and i said im honuerd to meet you and he said nice to meet you too again disbelief amazement moment.

Backstage Door.
After that me and justdawning went outside to tell are parents on our phones what had just happend then we went backstage and hanged around for a while then Jon Carin came out and signed some off are stuff. That was surreal for me speaking to someone who i have only ever seen on TV and pictures and here i am face to face with saying nice to meet you etc.

Then about 15-25 mins later Rick Wright came out and there was a crowd which had been building up while we was there Justdawning tried to get Ricks autograph but the security guys said no more and Rick got in the car with Jon and Dick Parry funnily enough Dick Parry was a little bit confused into which car he getting into i think he was staying in the same hotel with Jon and Rick.

Time then was around 10.25 and i had to go as i had train to catch back to paddington and back home to Slough walking to the tube i was in shock a little as to what i had seen the last few hours and what i had got signed on the train hime i read the MOJO Magazine i had got with now Davids autograph in it and read the interview david done for the mag as i was reading it i had Live8 on my mp3 player and then i was home after one of the most amazing brillant best night ever.

Thats my story of after the show in the bar area and backstage of the venue hope you enjoyed reading it guys.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Cool...my photos were in the newsletter with a link to the gallery :P Shame there was no credit though...with my email address and a phone number "single and looking" :lol:

Where did those other photos come from ? Am I missing something here ? :shock:
heart of the sun
Embryo
Embryo

Post by heart of the sun »

probabily set list but i'm not sure
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... e575b7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... e57d1d.jpg

Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue
Take A Breath
Red Sky At Night
This Heaven
Then I Close My Eyes
Smile
Pocketful Of Stone
Were We Start

Shine on
Wot?s uh the deal
Wearing The Inside Out
Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise
Dominoes
High Hopes
Echoes

Wish You Where Here
Comfortably Numb
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

heart of the sun Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:01 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probabily set list but i'm not sure
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... e575b7.jpg
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sra ... e57d1d.jpg

Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue
Take A Breath
Red Sky At Night
This Heaven
Then I Close My Eyes
Smile
Pocketful Of Stone
Were We Start

Shine on
Wot?s uh the deal
Wearing The Inside Out
Breathe/Time/Breathe Reprise
Dominoes
High Hopes
Echoes

Wish You Where Here
Comfortably Numb
hi newbie no offence but nice try trying to show pics which a member on this board posted up and claim as your own the person on this board is thrill seeker who uploaded them pictures up i was there when he got them anyway welcome to NPF.
A bit of advice say where you found the pictures and who took them :wink: