Recommendations ?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I'm glad you mentioned VU, David. It was a tossup between them and Eno for me as for who I recommend.
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Radiohead - Amneisiac

after you have listen to that thoroughly

Radiohead - Kid A

Also -

Robert Fripp solo and/or Fripp with Eno albums
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

gear daddies
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Mansun - Six

Best prog-rock album of the nineties IMHO, sort of like Radiohead, but a lot better :lol: . I suck at doing reviews, but here's a pretty good review of it:

http://www.popmatters.com/music/reviews ... -six.shtml

and here too (although the score should be higher...)

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/record-re ... /six.shtml

"Seemingly influenced by comic books and hallucinogens, Six skitters from chugging power- chords, to intricate hooks, to Pink Floyd wandering, to Tchaikovsky samples, to lip- licking swagger. At times they can come off like a frightening cross between the Pixies, T Rex, and Yes. If you give Mansun the benefit of the doubt, and assume they're not being completly serious, Six entertains immensely, chock-a-block with every element of modern rock. The fusion sounds so weird and seizure- inducing that it sucks you into its pretentious, mascara'd maw."
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

Although they are an instrumental band, anything by Godspeed You Black Emperor! is very good. I'd recommend "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven." 8)
Neil

Post by Neil »

The most satisfying album to listen to I can think of is Paul McCartney 'Ram'.. it's got so many different tunes and ideas on it. It's like an aladdins cave of melody!! Musical euphoria from start to finish.. It's got the heart and soul of the Beatles, but hasn't got the bombast and the treacle of Wings. It's so fresh and alive - funny, yet serious. It's like a great big juicy pudding waiting to be ate!!! :lol:

Paul - you owe me a tenner mate!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Neil wrote:The most satisfying album to listen to I can think of is Paul McCartney 'Ram'.. it's got so many different tunes and ideas on it. It's like an aladdins cave of melody!! Musical euphoria from start to finish.. It's got the heart and soul of the Beatles, but hasn't got the bombast and the treacle of Wings. It's so fresh and alive - funny, yet serious. It's like a great big juicy pudding waiting to be ate!!! :lol:

Paul - you owe me a tenner mate!
What a great review! :D I liked that a lot. :)
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

I like Venus and Mars for similar reasons. Magneto and Titaniumman I could listen to endlessly.
Neil

Post by Neil »

dogs_pigs_n_sheep wrote:I like Venus and Mars for similar reasons. Magneto and Titaniumman I could listen to endlessly.
Yeah I love V&M ! :lol:
That guitar riff in 'Letting Go' is awesome!