WHY DO YOU THINK ROGER LEFT PINK FLOYD?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

WHY DO YOU THINK ROGER LEFT PINK FLOYD?

Post by Charade I am »

i really dont know his real reasons...was he tired of it?, did he fought with other members?, was he uninspired?...... :?:
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

There were a number of reasons. They include that Roger felt that the band was limmiting his freedom as a songwriter, and that he and Dave Gilmour had pretty much become enemies, and were constantly arguing. I'm not as knowlegeable about the topic as some though. RPITI or Keith Jordan should be able to tell you a bit more.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Because nobody liked him any more. :cry: :wink:
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

I think part of the reason was because he felt disillusioned by his status as a rock star, which is why Roger constantly criticised the irony of the current Floyd members for putting on stadium shows and performing songs from The Wall.

I also remember something about the other members of the band not contributing much, so he felt that it was time to stop. I think he expected the others to disband as well, but unfortunately for him, that was not the case.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:twisted: The CIA thru mind control made him. Thats my therory and I'm sticking by it
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

madcap69 wrote::twisted: The CIA thru mind control made him. Thats my therory and I'm sticking by it
Please expound. Is this an X-File?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Except for the CIA comment, I think all of the above reasons are quite valid.

(Hey, Keith...suddenly on this post, my text looks really weird, my cursor
stays about two letters behind what I am typing, and the text doesn't automatically drop down when it reaches the scroll bar...what's up with this?)

Without putting it in so many words, though, Roger pretty much admitted that the reason he wanted to be in a successful band was so that he wouldn't have to put up with the drudgery of a "real job."

When you no longer enjoy what you do, then it becomes a "real job."

Roger decided it was time for a change.

I don't agree with the way he went about it, but I also don't agree with the way the others went about their continuance.

But then again, nobody asked me.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I reckon Roger had the foresite to see it was the time to stop. With Pink Floyd barely being a band he probably thought he'd be ebtter off leaving it in the past and seeing if he could sell by the quality of the music as much as he could the band's name.

Not to say TFC was bad, but it largely would have sold on the band name.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I think he felt the band reached every goal that was set and there was nothing left to achieve and they were just going through the motions. I'm sure he figured that if he left, the band would dissolve.................... [-X
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

mosespa wrote:(Hey, Keith...suddenly on this post, my text looks really weird, my cursor
stays about two letters behind what I am typing, and the text doesn't automatically drop down when it reaches the scroll bar...what's up with this?)
It is something to do with your computer. You may just need to restart it.

But it may be the case that you have been hacked. You should download "lockdown" from http://www.download.com in order to stop people gaining access to your computer or trojan horses from monitoring your key strokes, for example.

Also, go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and run the free housecall antivirus software for free, without registering. I recommend this to everybody as you do not know what you may have picked up on the internet.

Another user informed me of these illegal happenings on their computer. I am going to inform the police and have the person/s prosecuted and imprisioned under the computer missuse act, 1991.

If anybody else experiences this or anything else like it, let me know.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

quicksilver wrote:I think he felt the band reached every goal that was set and there was nothing left to achieve and they were just going through the motions.
What does that term running through the motions actually mean? I've heard it get used so many times without ever knowing what it's about.

And Keith, quite freuqently the forum mucks up a bit and i have to log in on every new page before my posts get called "invalid." Is this related or is that just a forum niggle?
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

Sorry to annoy you keith,but i can no longer download avatars from my own computer onto the site,i used to be able to do it,why cant i anymore??
is it a new rule of the forum or is it something to do with the system im on??
hope you can help.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

David Smith wrote:And Keith, quite freuqently the forum mucks up a bit and i have to log in on every new page before my posts get called "invalid." Is this related or is that just a forum niggle?
You should delete your browser cache and cookies from tools/internet options. The new forum software had a cookie name change so may be causing conflicts. Let me know if you get the same problem after you have done this.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

AthousandMilesOfMoonlight wrote:Sorry to annoy you keith,but i can no longer download avatars from my own computer onto the site,i used to be able to do it,why cant i anymore??
is it a new rule of the forum or is it something to do with the system im on??
hope you can help.
Due to some "security issues" my sites web server has had the CHMOD function premissions adjusted so I am unable to make the folder writable where you upload your avatars to. May be a week before that is sorted. see the news section for the avatar topic i posted today about this very issue!! :D
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I have deleted my cookies and internet files, but I still see my avatar but not Mosespa's.

Do you guys still see my avatar?