WHY DO YOU THINK ROGER LEFT PINK FLOYD?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Neil wrote:
gabriel wrote:i mean why he didnt just made those album his solo albums instead of pink floyd?s?
He was more than happy to make The Final Cut as a solo album, but the others didn't want that..
What's your objective source for this ??? Roger himself ????
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

Roger left because he felt in his opinion that the band had nowhere left to go and anything they might attempt in the future might not live up to the high standards they had set with their previous albums,he felt(probaly) that THE FINAL CUT was a good way to put a final stop on the page that was pink floyd. I think he may have been right. :(
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

Hi i'm new here, but from what I've heard it seems to me that it wasn't a case of Roger being selfish, but a case of the other members writing less and less and Roger writing more and more until it got to the point where Roger was the only one who was doing any writing. At this point I think it just made sense to go solo because Dave wasn't contributing in the writing department and Rick was gone. It wasn't really a band any more. Roger was doing everything.
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

i can't tell but i THINK the band showed Roger they don't like his authority and they felt limited. Roger must have been offended and he left the band.