Pink Floyd and Religion

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Pink Floyd and Religion

Post by Meddler »

Just wondering what the religious prefrences of David, Roger, Nick, Richard, and Syd are or were in the past, if any. I got to thinking about this, and couldn't believe I didn't know. I have some ideas... If anyone does know let me know- Thanks
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Nick is Atheist, And I beleave DAve is A fallen away member of the Church of England . No Idea on the rest.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Thanks MadCap69... this is interesting to me. Don't know why. But I'm learning something I never knew about Floyd FINALLY!!!! I haven't felt this excited about Floyd since I heard Pompeii was going to be released on DVD. Of course that was just a month ago, but still! :)

ps... I think I'm going to start my own Religion... The Church of Floyd anyone wanna join?
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

Syd was once very much interested in Eastern mysticism shortly before he named the Floyd. He wanted to enter a cult-ish group (the San Mat i think) who rejected him, which may have lent to his future mental problems. I'm not sure what he was before that, if anything I'd guess Anglican.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

meddler wrote:ps... I think I'm going to start my own Religion... The Church of Floyd anyone wanna join?
:P Sure! :lol:
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
meddler wrote:ps... I think I'm going to start my own Religion... The Church of Floyd anyone wanna join?
:P Sure! :lol:
::Raises hand.:: Count me in!

That reminds me of, when I was in high school and Feeling Very Confused about religion...if someone asked if I'd come to any conclusions, I'd say, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I'm practicing Zappaism." :-;
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

cults scare me
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Tommy wrote:cults scare me
Religion scares me.

But I'm all for being into "The Philosophy of Floyd".
Neil

Post by Neil »

You should all realize by now that Rog and Dave in paticular think THEY are God !! :wink: :lol:

Only kiddin'