Clips from OAI!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Can't get the audio clips :( Can only get the title track to play
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

DG

Post by Arnie Layne »

I just saw the whole promo video....

Beautiful...all I can say

Even my Mum said "Oh I'll play that in my car when it comes out!" :D

You lucky peps all you that are going to see the man
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: DG

Post by Damn!t »

Arnie Layne wrote:You lucky peps all you that are going to see the man
:smt056 <- this smiley has a haircut like Pete Jackson lol

:lol:
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

peesea wrote:I'll be buying the album and will listen to it over the next few months, but I'm not knocked over by it...which is a shame...but it does have some great moments by the sounds of it.

Heres my take on it from the small samples I've heard.

1) On an Island. Nice melody, lovey dovey lyrics as Gilmour goes goofy over Polly. 7/10
2) Castellorizon. Fat tone, big orchestrations....gilmouresque geetar. Predictable, but nice. 6/10.
3) The Blue. Tiresome. Yawn. This is prolly where Geldof's eyes glazed over and he suggested Dave take some speed. 4/10
4) Take a breath. Sounds like an outake from "About face"...UGHhhGggGH. 3/10
5) Red Sky at night. Sounds like it could be an intro track to TDB or AMLOR. Gilmourfloydesque. Nice sax !! 7/10
6) This heaven. Uggh. Sounds TRULY awful..another that could be a leftover from "About Face". Terrible...really... 3/10
7) Then I close my eyes. Nice instrumental sound. Could be a fave from the album for me. Sweet. 8/10
8.) Smile. prefered his live version. Love the slide sound though. His wife can't sing...you'd think after yoko-ono and Linda Macartney people would learn :D. 6/10
9) A pocketful of stones. Something new sounding. Wonderful vocal melody. Daves voice sounds excellent. 8/10
10) Where we start. Kind of Filler stuff...A little too similar to the title track. Daveish lyrics. Nice Geetar tone. 6/10

For his first new stuff in 12 years thats less than a track per year...and half of them are filler to be honest. Dave certainly ain't what you'd call a prolific writer :D.

That list is just my first impressions. I'll prolly have a totally different idea of the album in 6 months.
watch the epk, linked in the first thread. Now, come on, tell me your marks haven't improved already?
hummingman
Blade
Blade

Post by hummingman »

I'm on the site now and they seem to have the full album version of On An Island with the album version solo, but there don't appear to be clips from any of the other songs (?)