68%
Animals
32%

Total votes: 37

Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I don't have Animals, so I don't know which is best. I only know Sheep which is on Echoes. I'm thinking of buying Animals, but I'm not sure.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Syd_Count wrote:I don't have Animals, so I don't know which is best. I only know Sheep which is on Echoes. I'm thinking of buying Animals, but I'm not sure.
Please, please do. Dogs, Pigs' and 'Wing are essential! :D
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Syd_Count wrote:I don't have Animals, so I don't know which is best. I only know Sheep which is on Echoes. I'm thinking of buying Animals, but I'm not sure.
Dogs and the pig songs are even better than Sheep.

Buy the album. It's my favorite!
You can trust us. :wink:
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Animals is an album you should own, get it, it should be mandatory.
CHR15
Axe
Axe

Post by CHR15 »

I enjoy them both the same.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Animals is my favorite of the two (and Dogs is my favorite PF song), but since we're supposed to remain objective, I think DSotM is the better album. Both albums are lyrical masterpieces, both make grand statements about life in general, both are musically excellent. But Animals seems too harsh, it really leaves little room for hope. (Other than "You know that I care...") DSotM ends with a small bout of insanity, but the album as a whole seems a million times Brighter than Animals.

Bah, I can't put my finger on it, but I think DSotM is the better album.
RospoKadu
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RospoKadu »

i really love the two albums, but if i had to choose only one it would be The Dark Side Of The Moon......i don't really think that DSOTM is better than Animals in any shape or form, i think that they are different albuns, with pretty different lyrics and music.......it just happens that DSOTM really gets me
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

DSOTM is better, it's A CLASSIC and it has touhed me deep inside, or not. But at the moment I like Animals more.
DSOTM is very huge record and it has huge status.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
Please, please do. Dogs, Pigs' and 'Wing are essential! :D
I have Animals now. One day after my message, I have copied Animals from an lp to my computer and put it on a cd.
I like Pigs three different ones, and Pigs on the wings. But I think Dark Side of the Moon is better, lyrically.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

there both very good but I chose Animals. I like them the same.

"I have been mad for f******* years"
don't ask :D
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

My mood kind of determines which of the two I like better, at the moment I feel inclined towards Animals. Sheep is simply brilliant (my fav from that album), both musically and lyrically (love the guitar work at the end of Sheep). Animals tho as was mentioned before is a harsher, "angrier" album than DSOTM, much more of Waters' brilliantly bitter ranting. I think Gilmour's guitar playing is better on Animals than on DSOTM, often wondered why he sez that album is one of his least liked PF works.