i have a feeling

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

i have a feeling

Post by Spinoza »

I have the feeling that Gilmour's Solo-album will be even bigger, greate etc than everything Roger did as a solo-artist.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What will On An Island compete with? What other releases are there on March 6h??
ally
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ally »

http://www.metacritic.com/music/upcomingreleases.shtml

maybe the buzzcocks & donald fagen from steely dan? those aren't really competition.. :?
peesea
Knife
Knife

Post by peesea »

The only way to know for sure would be to put out an album under the name pink floyd at the same time and then see what sells better.

Thats exactly what Roger Waters was up against. Competing with his own legacy.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

itll probably do better than Ca Ira

I believe About Face and Pros & Cons both reached similar chart positions at the time
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

peesea wrote:The only way to know for sure would be to put out an album under the name pink floyd at the same time and then see what sells better.

Thats exactly what Roger Waters was up against. Competing with his own legacy.

I don't think that's a matter of "being up against"... The release of a new Floyd album only raised the attention that was paid to the release of Radio KAOS. My take on this is that KAOS even would have sold less if there had not been a PF release.

The same will happen with OAI. With all the attention drawn to PF because of the Live8 reunion, any solo album by any member of PF will get pretty big right now.
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Mogwai's new record ,which Alan McGee reckons is as important as MBV's Loveless, is also out on Dave's b'day.Anyone with any sense will buy both.