Davids Radio appearences

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Davids Radio appearences

Post by thrill-seeker »

DAVID GILMOUR'S ON AN ISLAND - ANOTHER RADIO PERFORMANCE!

With David Gilmour's new album, On An Island, arriving in just seven days (it hits the stores on March 6th in the UK and Europe, and March 7th in the US), we have news of yet another special performance on the BBC, along with a general radio update and schedule.

First off, David will be appearing with fellow guitarist Phil Manzanera on Jonathan Ross's Saturday morning show on BBC Radio 2, on March 4th. The show runs from 10am GMT until 1pm, and promises a live performance from David and Phil.

BBC Radio 2 can be heard in the UK (and in some parts of Europe) via FM or DAB radios, via satellite, cable and freeview TV systems. Listeners worldwide can tune in via the excellent Listen Live/Listen Again facilities at http://www.BBC.co.uk/radio2.

Radio stations across the world are stepping up efforts to be first to broadcast David's new album in full. We recently reported on Chez 106 broadcasting the album alongside a fascinating interview with David (which is being repeated on Q107).

We've now heard that Ontario based station KROCK 1057 will be airing the album on Thursday, March 2nd, at 10pm. However, they aren't the latest to throw their hat into the ring. Portuguese radio station RFM are broadcasting the whole of the album between 11pm CET and midnight, on the same day (March 2nd). This means RFM are currently the ones ahead of the pack! Thanks to Nuno Miguel Gil Fonseca for this info...

FORTHCOMING BBC INTERVIEW WITH DAVID GILMOUR

A bit of advance notice for you - on Thursday, 2nd March, BBC Radio 4's "Front Row" programme features an interview with David Gilmour about his forthcoming album, "On An Island" which is released on 6th March.

The programme takes a look at his new work, and his past work with Pink Floyd, courtesy of interviewer John Wilson. It is scheduled to start at 7:15pm GMT. BBC Radio 4 can be heard on FM and DAB radio, digital cable, satellite and freeview, and via the BBC website where they have the excellent "Listen Live" and "Listen Again" facilities, allowing you to hear the broadcasts for up to seven days following transmission.

Elsewhere on the airwaves, BBC World's White Label programme have reviewed On An Island. They played an excerpt from Money, and from the album, they played On An Island, Take A Breath and Pocketful Of Stones. You can listen to the programme through this link but be aware that it will change at 9:32am GMT on Tuesday - so be quick!

Our thanks to David Haddock for the Front Row news, and to Nawaz Ali Hajiani from the FloydArtifacts discussion group for the White Label news.

Here's a list of all forthcoming shows with Gilmour on it :

March 2nd - BBC Radio 4, 7:15pm GMT
March 2nd - KROCK 1057 (Canada) & RFM (Portugal) - album broadcast
March 4th - BBC Radio 2, 10am GMT - Jonathan Ross. Live performance
March 4th - Chez106, 8am (1pm GMT) - Album premiere and interview
March 5th - Q107 rebroadcast of album premiere and interview
March 8th - Rockline interview, various times and syndicated stations
March 11th - BBC Radio 2 & BBC interactive TV - BBC Exclusive concert broadcast
March 13th - In The Studio interview, various times and syndicated stations

Taken from Brain Damage
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I hope someone is going to record all of these digitally from DAB!! 8)
Chris Clarke
Blade
Blade

Post by Chris Clarke »

my thoughts aswell keith :D :D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I take it no-one got the one on March 2nd ? :(
Chris Clarke
Blade
Blade

Post by Chris Clarke »

just looked on bbc radio 2 website you can listen again but with real player which I've not got :( :(
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

ATTENTION

March 4th - BBC Radio 2, 10am GMT - Jonathan Ross. Live performance

Can someone record this ???? A live performance from DG will be on this show :shock: 8)
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

DG

Post by Arnie Layne »

I have a DAB radio and was planning to record it to minidisc if that's of any help?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Re: DG

Post by thrill-seeker »

Arnie Layne wrote:I have a DAB radio and was planning to record it to minidisc if that's of any help?
That would be great :D Are you able to transfer to a computer and upload it ? :)
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

DG

Post by Arnie Layne »

Supposed to be an interview with DG on capital gold any time now! pre recorded with Kid Jensen

I've no idea how Thrill seeker, but I'm sure someone I know can (eh 9 flowing :D )
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

The pre recorded interview with kid jensen is between 11am & 12midday hope someone else can get this in case the radio 2 one clashes! just like buses you wait ages for one...and two come along at once!
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

Always the way, JUST as the radio 2 thing finished, switched over to capital gold and the dg interview had already started! damn!t! ;-)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: dg

Post by Damn!t »

Arnie Layne wrote:damn!t! ;-)
What?
Have i'v lost my bet? :shock:
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

No I just meant damn it as in I missed the kid jensen thing, but I was being ironic inserting me buddys name :lol:
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

I didn't even the Radio 2 interview this morning because I was out and so obivously didn't record it so I would love it if somebody could upload it pleeeaaasse Someone must have recorded...someone must have cared :?: :!:
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

I did get the r2 thing mate, you can listen to it again via the bbc radio website I'm sure? If not I have the mini disc if someone has any idea what to do?