Pink Floyd Stamps

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd Stamps

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am not a stamp collector or anything but I bought some Pink Floys stamps that I think are quite nice to have around the house. Perhaps some on the fridge door, patio door, perhaps a window or two and... well... an envelope!!

http://store.coolstamps.com/endeavor/product/16848.html

http://store.coolstamps.com/endeavor/product/12828.html

Am I now some sort of stamp collector or something? :lol:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

hmm, i thought i read somewhere that only dead people appear on stamps. of course that might be only in america or something

either way, nice stamps
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd Stamps

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Why on EARTH is Scott Page featured? He ruined the Thunder version of Shine On! And the less said about The Dogs Of War the better! :lol:

Hmm, I used to collect sugar when I was a kid. Make of that what you will. So I suppose I have no right to mock the stamp collectors of this world! :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Tommy wrote:hmm, i thought i read somewhere that only dead people appear on stamps. of course that might be only in america or something

either way, nice stamps
apparently not. look what is going on here.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3017967.stm
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:Hmm, I used to collect sugar when I was a kid. Make of that what you will. So I suppose I have no right to mock the stamp collectors of this world! :lol:
say no more.... :lol:

I do not have any other stamps other than these floydian ones i have on the way!! :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Why do girls always fancy Prince Williams? Like, hello?! :lol: I know a girl from France who worships him. Unbelievable. :? :lol:
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I used to collect sugar when I was a kid.
Eh!?! :shock:

Nice stamps BTW! :D
pfco

Post by pfco »

Keith, those stamps are not legitimate stamps issued by the countries. They are stickers, or decals, if you prefer. They cannot be used as postage, to mail anything anywhere, even in the countries where they supposedly come from. These fake stamps are produced by people just to make money, and they know authorities will not do anything about it in those countries because they do not have the means to follow up on this type of fraud.
Pink Floyd does not endorse these stickers at all. Also, this same bunch of people have put out stamps of the Beatles and other celebrities in the past.

Sandy
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Prkl wrote:
I used to collect sugar when I was a kid.
Eh!?! :shock:
Don't worry, it's all in packets. :lol: :roll:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

pfco wrote:Keith, those stamps are not legitimate stamps issued by the countries. They are stickers, or decals, if you prefer. They cannot be used as postage, to mail anything anywhere, even in the countries where they supposedly come from. These fake stamps are produced by people just to make money, and they know authorities will not do anything about it in those countries because they do not have the means to follow up on this type of fraud.
Pink Floyd does not endorse these stickers at all. Also, this same bunch of people have put out stamps of the Beatles and other celebrities in the past.

Sandy
They are still nice to look at though!! I wasn't gonna post anything. Just, well, stick them around my house in random places!! :lol:
Quos
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Quos »

these stamps are fropm TUVA republic (it's in Russia) and they have fatastic music see here - http://www.yat-kha.com/
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
Prkl wrote: Eh!?! :shock:
Don't worry, it's all in packets. :lol: :roll:
I remember sugar when it used to come in packets at restaurants with little scenes on them, each one different. Those were neat. Is this what you collected?

That's not nutty...I mean, after all, we collect Pink Floyd too, right? Some boring people out there would think we're insane for doing that too.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Keith - I saw those "stamps" on another Floyd site & thought they were probably fake - but they're still nice looking & as long weren't charged to much for them...

Have you seen their other set including Pink Floyd - Peter Andre, Queen, Michel Jackson, some other boyband member and Nick, Syd and Rog right next to the Spice Girls :shock: :lol:

They still do "collectable" sets of sugar packets here in Tiverton - with illustrations &birth & death dates of famous inventors and people like Churchill & Martian Luther King - don't know that anybody does though as the art is pretty bad.

I don't know about America but it's only dead people and Royality that are allowed on British stamps (there was a tiny scandel apparently about the Freddy Mercury one because you could just glimpse John Deacon in the back of the picture).

Yeah, I used to be a stamp collector :oops: - I was 9, living with my Grandparents, grandfather was into it ... :-({|=
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Pugs: Yeah, I've got loads of those sugar packets with places on 'em! :lol:

Rollinder: I used to go on holiday to Tiverton with my parents... :-({|=
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Keith, i feel i have to ask what you were doing on coolstamps.com or whatever it is if you're not a collector.