the wall live
61%

Total votes: 18

Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Spirit Catcher wrote:
davelucs wrote:.....i had no idea there was a live version of "th wall", .
Me either :shock: :shock:
You're missing out, people! Go buy! There are some darn good performances on Is There Anybody Out There? - 'Comfortably Numb' comes to mind... :-;
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:You're missing out, people! Go buy! There are some darn good performances on Is There Anybody Out There? - 'Comfortably Numb' comes to mind... :-;
That's inspired me, i'm putting that recording on now. Brilliant eh? My very favourite version of that song.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

The WAll live is a bit better in my mind, on the studio they use too much of what seem like electronic harmony vocals like in the song "the show must go on" and CN is a lot better live.

P.S. The best version of CN is with the 9 minute guitar solo on DSOT
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

David Smith wrote:
Feeling Very Pink wrote:You're missing out, people! Go buy! There are some darn good performances on Is There Anybody Out There? - 'Comfortably Numb' comes to mind... :-;
That's inspired me, i'm putting that recording on now. Brilliant eh? My very favourite version of that song.
Coolness! :D
MoreOrLess
Blade
Blade

Post by MoreOrLess »

I think pretty much every floyd album ever released is better live and while the same is true of the wall its probabley the smallest improvement of any of them which is why I thought it was such a pointless release.
FFloyidanFemme
Axe
Axe

Post by FFloyidanFemme »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
davelucs wrote:.....i had no idea there was a live version of "th wall", can anyone help me get a copy...i simply have to have one, any help will be grately appreciated.
Yep, Is There Anybody Out There? The Wall Live - Pink Floyd - 1980-81 was released c. April 2000 on EMI. It's a two-disc compilation of live performances from the Wall shows in 1980 and 1981. It's still available! :)
Yes, it is still available. If you can't find it in Sam Goody or Best Buys, try CDnow on line. :D
PowR TocH
Blade
Blade

Post by PowR TocH »

I can't state exactly which version I like the most. I find Is There Anybody Out There? great for my 5.1 system, but I practice my guitar on the studio version.
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

I downloaded Wall Show live in Nassau Colisseum. it has a bad quality but I like it. Especially Empty Spaces. um, Rogers ego shines brightly. :lol:
I like live version but the crowd is way too loud. Its really fantastic to watch how they build the wall on stage. 8)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

What Shall We Do Now so should have been put on the album, if the live version is anything to go by it would have been a nice inclusion.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

how long is David?s CN solo in The Wall Live? Is it the best CN version? :?:
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Gabriel wrote:how long is David?s CN solo in The Wall Live? Is it the best CN version? :?:
I think it is about 3 minutes.
dumbee
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The Wall, studio or live?

Post by dumbee »

Tommy wrote: i think it sounds great on both, but i dont like how roger joins david before his normal part in the live version
That's how it has to be
David and Roger singing together, it's just amazing.