is david upset? and does he really have a right to be?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

Norbert Wilkins wrote:[...] Nothing's changed, just the delivery format, means of distribution and sound quality (marginally.)
Could'n agree with you more.
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

He should be happy, the album is ranked #1 at amazon!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote:
The slight drop in music sales is attributed to the large amount of DVDs being sold and not people downloading! :)
I think the slight drop in music sales is due to the fact that there are fewer bands worth buying albums by these days.

Maybe the record companies should look into spending more time developing new bands over a period of time instead of putting crap act after crap act out there hoping that one of the sticks.

Hell...it took Pink Floyd EIGHT albums to get to DSOTM.

How many bands these days have EIGHT albums?

Hell, I think Pearl Jam only have seven...and they've been around for fifteen years.

Pink Floyd had put out twelve albums by then.
Meneer Jansen
Knife
Knife

Post by Meneer Jansen »

goldeneagle33 wrote:He should be happy, the album is ranked #1 at amazon!
You're kidding, right?
fat_old_sun
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Post by fat_old_sun »

i've become aware of various thing i could download to do with the new album, videos, mp3's, previews etc, and i've tried my hardest not to touch any of them, and the only thing i've seen or heard was the tiny little sample of Smile that was on 3 Men In A Boat. i didn't know he would preview it and i only wanted to watch that dvd to check out david's studio cos i'm a studio freak.

i've maintained the veiw of "i want to hear the album as it should be heard for the first time". i couldn't imagine living without hearing DSOTM in full for the first time, and i'm thankful that i did, plus it was the first ever pink floyd thing i had listened to besides Another Brick on the radio and i didn't even know it was PF until i looked into it lol.

just my 2 cents.
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

Meneer Jansen wrote:
goldeneagle33 wrote:He should be happy, the album is ranked #1 at amazon!
You're kidding, right?
no, I checked yesterday and it was ranked #1 that day and the day before. I wonder how they rank it if it is not being shipped. Must be by the number of preorders they get on that day?
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Reminds me of the big deal with Metallica and Napster when "I dissapear," one of the few Metallica songs I hate, was downloaded before it got released officially. There's this one MTV skit with one of the Wayans brothers downloading Metallica off Napster. Lars Ulrich comes into the room and berates him, hillariously dubbing him "Fratboy" and repeatedly makes"what the hell are you doing man?" and "well maybe I wouldnt have to hoar myself if you kids wouldnt steal our fucking music"

what an asshole...hell of a drummer though.