Confessions

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Confessions

Post by drafsack »

I thought I would use my 300th post to confess the following:

I am a bit of an anorac when it comes to pink floyd and always buy any new releases on the first day but my mind has been troubled and I have to confess that I have only just taken the wrapper off Echoes and started to listen to it, I know it only a "best of" and there is nothing new on it but its been sitting in my cd rack unopened and unplayed since I bought it. But thats not all! I also have The Wall, In the flesh and David Gilmour in concert DVD's still in their packets unplayed and Syds half life book unread. Yes I know this is a major sin and I have no real excuse apart from "I just havn't got around to it"

As a penance I am going to listen to IMO pink floyds worst ever record - On the turning away all day.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Confessions

Post by Keith Jordan »

drafsack wrote:I thought I would use my 300th post to confess the following:

I am a bit of an anorac when it comes to pink floyd and always buy any new releases on the first day but my mind has been troubled and I have to confess that I have only just taken the wrapper off Echoes and started to listen to it, I know it only a "best of" and there is nothing new on it but its been sitting in my cd rack unopened and unplayed since I bought it. But thats not all! I also have The Wall, In the flesh and David Gilmour in concert DVD's still in their packets unplayed and Syds half life book unread. Yes I know this is a major sin and I have no real excuse apart from "I just havn't got around to it"

As a penance I am going to listen to IMO pink floyds worst ever record - On the turning away all day.
I have a good few thing unread also!! This is why I know nothing about Pink Floyd!! :lol: Our penance for this henious crime will be to absorbe Pink Floyd books, music and other artefacts forever and ever amen!! :D
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Oh god, I have a million things in their original packaging. :oops: The condition of my record collection and memorabilia means a lot to me! :D I can't stand it when people treat their records with little care. :?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

OK, I confess too.

I've had Roger's ITF DVD sitting in my dresser drawer for a couple weeks now, unopened.

But that's only because it's Stan's birthday tomorrow :wink: . Unviewed it will be no longer.

But as far as books go, I'm soooo guilty. (Pink Floyd books, music books in general) I've looked at all the pictures, skimmed the text, but as far as actually *read* them, no. For me it's very hard to find the time to read. Stan reads a lot on his breaks at work, but I don't get breaks being self-employed. OK, I guess I could be reading something now instead of typing this...

I've never been a big reader. I have astigmatism. Text does weird stuff. Pictures and music don't. Excuses.
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I must confess that I'm very sick person. I'm only one I know who has DSOTM -LP but doesn't own LP-player (I don't know the right word to that)... but that's only thing that makes me sick.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

JML wrote:I must confess that I'm very sick person. I'm only one I know who has DSOTM -LP but doesn't own LP-player (I don't know the right word to that)... but that's only thing that makes me sick.
I am thinking an LP player is a record player. A record is an LP and a record player plays them. :-)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I must confess that I'm very sick person. I'm only one I know who has DSOTM -LP but doesn't own LP-player (I don't know the right word to that)... but that's only thing that makes me sick.
I did buy the shine on box set about a year before i had a CD player and I have only just got a DVD player so I can now start playing the DVD's I have collected
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

you are all sick!!!!!!! :D
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

JML wrote:I must confess that I'm very sick person. I'm only one I know who has DSOTM -LP but doesn't own LP-player (I don't know the right word to that)... but that's only thing that makes me sick.
Hey, if anyones sick it's me...........I have all the Floyd music on LP and CD. What's more, I even play them on my old record player just for kicks. There's nothing like the crackling sound of an LP-brings back memories :)
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

My deep dark confession: I have yet to buy the SACD Dark Side of the Moon. 8-[ Well, not completely my fault, the record store I went to yesterday didn't have it because it was sold out. :?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

eternalechoes wrote:My deep dark confession: I have yet to buy the SACD Dark Side of the Moon. 8-[ Well, not completely my fault, the record store I went to yesterday didn't have it because it was sold out. :?
I don't have it either. No SACD player.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Keith Jordan wrote:I am thinking an LP player is a record player. A record is an LP and a record player plays them. :-)
Or a "turntable," as we Hipsters prefer to call them. :P

I've only listened to parts of the first disc of Echoes (and none of the second), though I skipped class the morning it came out just to be the first one in the store. I still keep my large-book copy of The Wall Live: ITAOT in the original shrinkwrap.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

I still haven't listened More decently because something always stops me after Crying Song. I must find some time to do it .
Big Kelv
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Big Kelv »

I'm going to buy a SACD capable DVD player so I can listen to the new DSOTM SACD (my only SACD release). I know this is irrational but it will be cheaper than obtaining vinyl equipment to play my quad release of the same :wink:

Sad/Obsessive - make your judgement.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Original WYWH LP

Post by bmet »

I bought an old LP copy of WYWH, (with original black plastic wrap
partially covering cover), a few years back.I don't really play records
anymore but I remember back in '75 (or was it later in'76),when I
finally bought my own LP Copy,the black plastic wrap was no longer
on the new LP Shipments.Bit of a Novelty then and now I guess.

bmet