Radio 2 Concert last night - did anyone else here go?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

monkeyforce wrote:......hopefully I can get my hands on an un-edited copy of the tracks with both versions of OAI and Blue!
I would be very excited to receive a copy of that!! ;-)
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

you guys suck,

aaarrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhh im so jealous its not funny

the only thing from stopping me killing myself is the fact i am going to the RAH
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

tea-set wrote:the only thing from stopping me killing myself is the fact i am going to the RAH
All RAH shows have been cancelled due to a double booking by David's promoter. :o :lol:
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

why do you want me to kill myself you bad person?

its so you can come round my house

"hi there, my names keith, sorry to hear about tea-se uh i mean uh Dan"

"oh were you close?"

"very, yes. i know its a bad time but he has my tickets to the David gilmour show at the Royal Albert Hall, and i want them back" :twisted: :twisted:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so did he play with an orchestra
or "just" his band?

re - the "E" song
us Torontonians of a certain age already saw that one in 87, gloat, swagger
I'd rather he resurrected Embryo!
(kidding, the "E" song is going to be way trippier in Massey Hall than it ever was in Exhibition Place Stadium)
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

I'm way jealous, but I'm also grateful to those who went and have given me an idea of what to expect for the setlist in Chicago on April 13th. Man, I just can't wait! Every moment until then is going to be complete and utter agony! ](*,)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Photo of David at Mermaid Theatre, London, courtesy of GilesFordCrush!!

vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

so did he play with an orchestra or "just" his band?
It was just the six of them (Dave, Rick, Guy, Jon, Steve D and Phil).
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Brilliant :D :D Met David, Jon Carin and almost met Rick.

I was that guy that was told to put my camera away :evil: by the angry security person :evil: But I still managed at least one good photo :D The rest were blurred :(

This is what I said on other posts :
Haha....it was fantastic. A few hours before the doors opened about 5 people including me were just hanging outside not doing very much and suddenly David coems out of a car....Polly followed behind him. I asked him to sign my Live 8 programme that I brought but I think he was in a bit of a hurry and said no or something like that Polly was quite nice and friendly but she was also just keen to get inside....so couldn't get a picture. That was just the beginning After the gig I just hanged around and met Polly again SHe said David would be around and she wrote on my programme "David, sign this. Polly" Eventually a lot of us caught him around the bar and he decided to come down and sign a few things. He acutally signed my programme 3 times since the pen didn't work twice. He was a bit chatty and was flicking through the programme saying "My pictures in here somewhere.....Do you want to see my picture" I got a lot of this on video....him just signing some stuff. Guy Pratt came down for a bit and Dick Parry I think.
I got talking to Jon Carin around at the backstage door.....signed my programme and he was very friendly and not in a hurry to go anywhere. I told him I liked his performance of Dogs on Rogers tour...he surprised for some reason

After that Rick came out but unfortunetly he was mobbed with people wanting LPs signed....I've got this on video too. I'll upload them as soon as I get home

Azza200 on here got my other ticket and managed to shake hands with most of them and get a few things signed. I think he'll tell you all about that :)
A nice set 8) :D At the end we all sang Happy Birthyday to David...also got that on video so watch out for it later I couldn't take hardly any pictures since they pretty much banned cameras there but I managed to sneak a few but then I got told to stop by some security guy who was quite angry :? bastard :x :o

Set list :
Castelorizon
On an Island
The blue
Smile
Take a Breath
This Heaven
Shine On - an excellent version. Simlar to the one on his DVD but this time witha full back up band. It was really totally different to the ones you've heard before. During the vocal part the band stopped and it was just David and his guitar with a nice piano and slowly the band came back with Dick Parry joining in
High Hopes
Wearing The Inside out - Sort of expected this and it was just nice to hear it
Comfortably Numb - They had two false starts to begin with due to some feedback but overall it was just what you expected

Encore was

On an Island
The Blue

He thought they weren't that good at the beginning so he repeated them :? :)

I was handed a few sheets while I was standning at the backstage door and it gave away some of the songs they were rehearsing and will play at some stage. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't read this small print : the songs they will play are Echoes, Time, Breath, Whats Uh...the deal.

Me and azza were both sitting in Row 3 centre :D On TV no doubt :D

J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

!!!
wots, uh, that last song on your list again?

EDIT day-umn I hope he plays that one in my town
way more obscure than the "E" song,
and if I recall it correctly, sounds something similar to the new album
Last edited by J Ed on Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

thrill-seeker wrote:I was that guy that was told to put my camera away :evil: by the angry security person :evil: But I still managed at least one good photo :D The rest were blurred :(
Would you mind if I added those two to my gallery?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Keith Jordan wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:I was that guy that was told to put my camera away :evil: by the angry security person :evil: But I still managed at least one good photo :D The rest were blurred :(
Would you mind if I added those two to my gallery?
No...go ahead :D There's a few more but not really worth seeing but I'll still post them here sometime :)
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

J Ed wrote:so did he play with an orchestra
or "just" his band?

re - the "E" song
us Torontonians of a certain age already saw that one in 87, gloat, swagger
I'd rather he resurrected Embryo!
(kidding, the "E" song is going to be way trippier in Massey Hall than it ever was in Exhibition Place Stadium)
yes, echoes first popped to my mind, but I forgot about Eight days a week, Every little thing, Everybody's trying to be my baby, Eleanor Rigby and Everybody's got something to hide (except for me and my monkey) :lol: :lol:
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Keith Jordan Posted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:50 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo of David at Mermaid Theatre, London, courtesy of GilesFordCrush!!

Theres me in that pic OMG i will post up my experience soon it includes all the backstage drama what me and justdawning saw and met
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

The Bar area of the venue after the concert.

I have to say out of the few Concerts i have been too last nights one is the best ever without a doubt the David joked with audience here and there it felt surreal being in the same room with all the people i look up too and respect and to be in a room with them a feet away from is a feeling hard to explain. When David started singing Shine On and High Hopes i was singing pretty much the same time as him.

But the thing what made it even more amazing for me was me and justdawning hanged around out by the bar and we eventually got David to sign some of are stuff.
As i was upclose to David i said to him You have inspired me to play guitar and he said great well done keep it up and i asked him to shake my hand and he did OMG i spoke to David Gilmour my idol/hereo and shoke his hand i still cant belive it.
Guy Pratt came down after David had gone back to his family and friends and signed autographs just as he was going back to the bar i asked to shake his hand and he did another OMG moment it was weird seing Guy in person as i am so used to seing him on DSOT and Pulse.

Then a few minutes later Dick Parry came down and signed some autographs i got my ticket signed shoke his hand and i said im honuerd to meet you and he said nice to meet you too again disbelief amazement moment.

Backstage Door.
After that me and justdawning went outside to tell are parents on our phones what had just happend then we went backstage and hanged around for a while then Jon Carin came out and signed some off are stuff. That was surreal for me speaking to someone who i have only ever seen on TV and pictures and here i am face to face with saying nice to meet you etc.

Then about 15-25 mins later Rick Wright came out and there was a crowd which had been building up while we was there Justdawning tried to get Ricks autograph but the security guys said no more and Rick got in the car with Jon and Dick Parry funnily enough Dick Parry was a little bit confused into which car he getting into i think he was staying in the same hotel with Jon and Rick.

Time then was around 10.25 and i had to go as i had train to catch back to paddington and back home to Slough walking to the tube i was in shock a little as to what i had seen the last few hours and what i had got signed on the train hime i read the MOJO Magazine i had got with now Davids autograph in it and read the interview david done for the mag as i was reading it i had Live8 on my mp3 player and then i was home after one of the most amazing brillant best night ever.

Thats my story of after the show in the bar area and backstage of the venue hope you enjoyed reading it guys.