SPOILER - Does anyone know Davids playlist for 2006 tour..

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
kurbo
Embryo
Embryo

SPOILER - Does anyone know Davids playlist for 2006 tour..

Post by kurbo »

Hi, I am brand new here so sorry if this has been asked before, but I am getting ready to attend his concerts in California and I would love to know what his playlist is or how long the show runs so if anyone has attended please post. TIA
kurbo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kurbo »

bump
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Bump? You only posted it a couple of hours ago. Look in the threads now slightly below this one and you might find your answers!! People are talking about this you know!! 8) :)
kurbo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kurbo »

K, I looked and looked and to my dissmay found nothing about what you mentioned. Link? Cut or Paste?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

It's everywhere :o :D
Set list :
Castelorizon
On an Island
The blue
Smile
Take a Breath
This Heaven
Shine On - an excellent version. Simlar to the one on his DVD but this time witha full back up band. It was really totally different to the ones you've heard before. During the vocal part the band stopped and it was just David and his guitar with a nice piano and slowly the band came back with Dick Parry joining in
High Hopes
Wearing The Inside out - Sort of expected this and it was just nice to hear it
Comfortably Numb - They had two false starts to begin with due to some feedback but overall it was just what you expected

Encore was

On an Island
The Blue

He thought they weren't that good at the beginning so he repeated them

I was handed a few sheets while I was standning at the backstage door and it gave away some of the songs they were rehearsing and will play at some stage. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't read this small print : the songs they will play are Echoes, Time, Breath, Whats Uh...the deal.
kurbo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kurbo »

Awesome..... Thanks...
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

The bit where Dick swapped his sax over really quickly made me laugh big time! :smt005 That was one fast, smooth movement!
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

thrill-seeker wrote:It's everywhere :o :D
Set list :
Castelorizon
On an Island
The blue
Smile
Take a Breath
This Heaven
Shine On - an excellent version. Simlar to the one on his DVD but this time witha full back up band. It was really totally different to the ones you've heard before. During the vocal part the band stopped and it was just David and his guitar with a nice piano and slowly the band came back with Dick Parry joining in
High Hopes
Wearing The Inside out - Sort of expected this and it was just nice to hear it
Comfortably Numb - They had two false starts to begin with due to some feedback but overall it was just what you expected

Encore was

On an Island
The Blue

He thought they weren't that good at the beginning so he repeated them

I was handed a few sheets while I was standning at the backstage door and it gave away some of the songs they were rehearsing and will play at some stage. If you don't want to be spoiled then don't read this small print : the songs they will play are Echoes, Time, Breath, Whats Uh...the deal.
How do you know about this? Holy crap!!!!!!!!! Echoes!!!
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

Narek wrote: How do you know about this? Holy crap!!!!!!!!! Echoes!!!
That was the Mermaid setlist, I'm sure he will play for longer on the tour!
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

That is sooooooooo cool. But that one song that is on the list that starts with an 'E' don't want to spoil it... :D Made me 100000000000000000 times happier wooooooooohooooooooooooooo! E!@#$# Oh did I say that out loud. :lol:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

maybe there should be a clearly marked setlist ***SPOILERS*** thread?
cuz I wanna hear what folks think bout the "E" toon, and wot's, uh, that more obscure toon on the list...
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

the e song... all I could have hoped for :shock: :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I doubt that will be his full tour set list above. Far too short! Was this not just for a short BBC program?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Yeah the short setlist was just for the BBC special performance i think it gives a rough idea on what the setlist is gonna be like i expect David might change the setlist everynow and then.
Im just guessing on that though
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Keith Jordan wrote:I doubt that will be his full tour set list above. Far too short! Was this not just for a short BBC program?
Yep, it was for BBC Radio 2 and i think it will be replayed on the net, tv and radio soon.