Chart Position?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Chart Position?

Post by Tenniru »

I just ordered On An Island (new, of course). I'm wondering now; has anyone seen how this thing is charting? I'd like to know. Amazon is listing it as #2 in music sales; and I recall that when Paul McCartney's "Chaos And Creation In The Backyard" was #1, it found it's way to #10 on the US charts. (Amazon does count for a LOT of sales, too.)

So, any news on what this album is doing? It deserves something past the number-twenty-somethings his previous two albums groaned up to.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Apparently it's going to do quite well....so I was told. I think there was some news on ceefax about it :)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

when I picked up the CD at Sam The Record Man 5 minutes after the store opened I was not alone
there was a continuous flow of people walking in the door, picking up the CD, and walking stright to the cash
just like a subway at rush hour except instead of a horrible subway it was the new Floyd album
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

J Ed wrote:when I picked up the CD at Sam The Record Man 5 minutes after the store opened I was not alone
there was a continuous flow of people walking in the door, picking up the CD, and walking stright to the cash
just like a subway at rush hour except instead of a horrible subway it was the new Floyd album
Or at least as close to a new Floyd album as your gonna get :lol:
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

According to davidgilmour.com, OAI has gone ?Gold? already in the UK, Canada and Poland. Not bad after 4 days! 8)