The gig on Radio 2 right now.....March 11 2006

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
electronic goodies
Embryo
Embryo

The gig on Radio 2 right now.....March 11 2006

Post by electronic goodies »

New guy here....Howdy... :lol: ...Anyone recording it . I fancy the audio on an MP3.... :D
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

BBC2 website wrote:Warning: this concert may contain strobe lighting.
Tracklisting:
Castellorizon
On An Island
The Blue
Take A Breath
Smile
Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Wearing The Inside Out
Comfortably Numb
Musicians performing: David Gilmour: guitar & vocals, Rick Wright; Keyboards, Guy Pratt: Bass, Phil Manzanera: Guitar, Dick Parry: Saxophone, Jon Carlin: Keyboards and Steve DiStanislao: Drums.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/davidgilmour/
looks good
hope someone can save the stream to a file

hmmm kinda quiet and rastery
still hope someone can save it
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I got it on tape. a little bit cut on my copy... and also the mix was very much live....... sometimes a wee bit annoying, too much sound at once y'know. Also... strobes? what was David thinking?
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

i have it on tape too. after 46 mins theres a slight cut in ricks out of sight. im using sound forge to try and upload it. wish me luck guys. if i get it up tonite, i'll post it. :D
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

good luck man!
electronic goodies
Embryo
Embryo

Post by electronic goodies »

radiowaves wrote:i have it on tape too. after 46 mins theres a slight cut in ricks out of sight. im using sound forge to try and upload it. wish me luck guys. if i get it up tonite, i'll post it. :D
Good stuff m8... :D
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

Shine on was awesome to say the least..... :D
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Blimey! The Rick Wright show! Purposefully hadn't read any of the posts following Tuesday night so didn't know the set,or part of it,until the radio broadcast.Great to hear From The Inside Out-very gracious of David to let Rick have a go.Then,what do you know, but he's sharing lead on CN! Great stuff! Put me in mind of Robert Wyatt's turn at Meltdown,although Rick seemed to have a (slightly) better grasp of the tune! I assume Seesaw and Summer '69 were cut from the broadcast for space reasons! Pleased to learn that one can record the interactive broadcast on(in my case) VHS.I wondered if the original programme would be recorded but no! Hooray!I guess the web stream will feature the set as per the radio broadcast? From what I've seen and heard tonight the full shows will be awesome-Gilmours playing out of his skin and the band match him beautifully.Roll on May!
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

I put the whole broadcast up on the Echoes Hub over an hour ago if anyone wants it, it comes direct from my DAB receiver straight to PC with nothing inbetween, complete broadcast, no tape flips, no horrible streaming noises, pretty much perfect quality 8) My username on there is also simpledumbpilot and the show is my Echoeshub2>Pink Floyd folder, help yourselves, only snag is I made a blunder and put 2003 in the folder name instead of 2006 but Im sure people can use their initiative once the download finishes, thers people downloading it at the moment so I cant change it and didnt know until it was too late, oh well, at least its there.
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

aww man. i joined echoes hub and people were downloading from me but i couldnt download from anyone else. please. put it up here. i have nero 7 and i cant figure out how to get it from tape to my pc.
claudio
Embryo
Embryo

Post by claudio »

While trying to download the DAB recording from the echoes hub (won't anybody put it here please?), I just downloaded this Real Audio stream from BBC Radio 2 "Listen again" and uploaded to:

http://www.4shared.com/dir/268316/8b23c72e/sharing.html (14 MB)

- or -

http://rapidshare.de/files/15277977/r2_gilmour.ra.html (14 MB)

Of course it's a low bitrate internet stream but in the meanwhile...
Last edited by claudio on Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Im sure Keith will put this up as a torrent in due course, in the meantime Im afraid its either sit tight or try the hubs or other torrent sites, Im sure lots of people recorded it, the whole show in FLAC format comes to 402 meg which should explain why I wont be uploading it to any webspace, particularly with the hub running too, bring back patience! ;)
henno

Post by henno »

any chance of someone seeding at Yeeshkul.....please [-o<
Saint Seiya
Blade
Blade

Post by Saint Seiya »

henno

Post by henno »

its f*&ing impossible to register for that site!!................ :cry: :cry:

alas, ill keep trying...