The gig on Radio 2 right now.....March 11 2006

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
dancure
Axe
Axe

Post by dancure »

I'm already registered :D:D:D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

*pats registered accounts and smiles*
hsed
Axe
Axe

Post by hsed »

I must say this album is very impressive. Dave has truly put out a good album, the guitar work is great and the lyrics are very beautiful. The album definitely has a very soothing feel to it

I watched the incredibly high quality (sarcasm) BBC stream of the concert and thought it was very good. Shine On was definitely the highlight of the show for me. Never seen it done that way, and I must say I like it almost as much as the original. Can't wait till he comes out here to the US so I can see him, I know the concert will be great.
monkeyforce
Axe
Axe

Post by monkeyforce »

Saint Seiya - You fucking rule! Been a Dime member for a few months!
I had to work last night, so cheers for that!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Recorded the video stream straight to my HD and have made a dvd of it - apart from a couple of "Freeze frame" moments which doesn't effect the audio it looks and sounds good. Look for the "Drafsack DVD003 a quick vine offer" on the Roio vines thread.
johnjohnstone
Knife
Knife

Post by johnjohnstone »

You can get the 86Mb .wmv file of the complete show from "http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/events/davi ... 6x9_bb.asx"

You will need to use a streaming download manager such as Hidownload (evaluation version available from hidownload.com) to download from this URL. Don't just click on the URL as it will just start streaming to Media Player.
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Great show. Its on the site for a week so you can go back and watch it anyway.
The Gil
Blade
Blade

Re: dg

Post by The Gil »

Arnie Layne wrote:Shine on was awesome to say the least..... :D
Absolutely agree! I think this is now my favourite version!!
hsed
Axe
Axe

Post by hsed »

yea I think the way he did Shine On is my favorite now too after a second watching of the show. I love how he completely stripped down the song during the vocals.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

shine on....awesome...chicago...soon...the fever... :D
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

henno wrote:its f*&ing impossible to register for that site!!................ :cry: :cry:

alas, ill keep trying...
Just make the website your homepage. That way you'll visit it quite often. This worked for me. :D
henno

Post by henno »

a very generous member here has temporarly offered me his account..... :D :D

cheers Chris!!
towg

Post by towg »

Hello everyone. I very rarely post but here goes..

I watched the DG concert on Saturday night and listened to the Radio 2 broadcast and have to say that I found the entire thing (apart from the Floyd songs) to be bland, non descript and boring.
I can see why Rog sees himself as the main talent behind the PF legacy. Gilmour writes pretty trite lyrics and can't 'theme' his music in an original way like Roger does.
I swore that, if I heard another overlong guitar solo on Saturday night I was going to throw the pc out of the window. I know we are talking about one of the major guitarists of the century here, but he really overdid the solos. Every song seemed like an excuse for him to get wanky fretwise. I have played guitar for twenty years and I love to hear a solo...but enough is enough.

He's gone totally MOR in my eyes...and I for one won't be buying the album. The other two weren't much cop either.

I know I will get some flack off the die hards for this..but I consider myself just as big a PF fan as anyone on this site

Cheers

T
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

towg wrote:Hello everyone. I very rarely post but here goes..

T
Glad you took your time constructing such a terrific post.
Glad you?re such a big fan of Pink Floyd. Maybe David will take note of what you think (being such a big fan as you are), and just play base on the next album. :roll:
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

'The master craftsmen' Bob Harris called him.
Anyone notice the fluffed notes on 'Shine on' lol.
He did exactly the same at one of the Earls Court gigs i went to see !

Superb sounding concert with some fantastic lighting to boot.
He has such a unique and powerful sound and their is no one literally quite like him.
The songs on this album are growing on me fast and although you can hear that 'PF sound' in the chord constructions and production, It sounds a wonderful album that we have here and all credit to the maestro even though he fluffs some easy notes. :lol: