Bran's ticket agony

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Bran's ticket agony

Post by Damn!t »

Ok, you gotta read this.

I bought 2 tickets for David Gilmour concert in Milan on 14.12.2005. with my bosses credit card.
I whas so damn happy that i allmost cried that day. You all know how fast they went. TicketOne took the money next week from her account and i said this is it then. Great! So i waited...

At first nothing from TicketOne...then they've send me a mail that the tickets will be dispatched on 6th february. I said ok, great, i can hardly wait. Weeks and weeks passed and there whas no sign about tickets...so i started sending them mails regulary, every week, asking them where the hell are my tickets?
All the time i whas writing the same thing on Daves blog and i whas complaining about it. All FEd could say is good luck to you mate.
Then i found out that the other folks are having trouble with them and that there's no way to call them if you are outside of Italy...so i persisted on writing them mails with a pretty much the same content - where the hell are my tickets...
All this time i whas getting more and more frustrated about this whole situation and that they are not replying on my mails. So i started sending them faxes.
Still nothing from them...i whas thinking to myself all the time - my God, theres a chance that i wont see Dave and that i'v been robbed...
Then came the mail from them where they said that they've delivered the tickets on 17th feb to someone called "Komes".
Shock, panic....i mean, wtf???

Then i wrote about 20 mails to them asking them who the hell this Komes person is - couse they only wrote that name and date of delivery - nothing more.
Not a word from them - faxing, mailing, going crazy, and still nothing. Me and my brother phoned around 120 persons in my area who's last name is Komes - no result.
After about 10 faxes that have included my ID and every damn info that i could send to them, came the mail that they have send a package to me with some courier company called Sda. I tried to contact them - no result.
I phoned dhl, fedex, our postal offices - still nothing - i mean, the concert is in about 2 weeks and i have no tickets in my hand and some person who's name is Komes has them, if they have been not thrown away or ended in a bin. All of the time i whas thinking omg, this is not happening, not me...
Then i hired a lady who speaks italian and she phoned them. I explained her a sitation and we sat down and phoned them. She reached their central phone number, she tried to explain the problem to some lady who works there, but she didnt want to patch her further couse she's not allowed to do so.
I whas thinking..this is it...it's over...i have use my last trick...i wont see David.

Then i wrote a long letter to FEd, telling him how desperate i am and how outrageous this is...
He wrote back telling me that he phoned TicketOne on my behalf and that they gotta sort this out NOW.
Then came the mail from TicketOne that they are sorry and that they gonna fix things in a couple of days...so i waited...
Then, another mail came from them (triggered by FEd) where they told me the exact number of the shipment, the right kind of courier (it's not the same one as it whas before) and the phone number from another courier in my country.
So, i phoned the guy, explaining him situation and he said yes, we delivered this package on 17th feb, to someone called Komes, in my firm...
I said what??? My firm??? Guy said yes...Komes is the name of a girl who works in my firms post departament...
The package whas addressed on my boss! That Komes girl only recieved and signed that delivery....
So, that means that my boss has recieved the tickets one month ago!!!
By now i'm CRAZY!!!
So i ask her, Petra, please tell me that you've recieved something about a month ago! She daily recieves tons of stuff...magazines and all sorts of propositions, including the ones from abroad...
I said, PLEASE remember if you have recieved anything from Italy!!!
She said that she recieved something, but it whasnt tickets..i mean, she would told me for Christ sake.
She recieved somekind of a magazine from Italy...I said WHERE IS IT??? She said that i have to dig through the piles of magazines in her office, so i started digging....
Aaaaaaand...YES!!! I found my tickets in a small TicketOne magazine, laying on the bottom of one pile of stuff on her table.

OMFG!!!! OMFG!!!!

That happend about 2 hours ago...
That means that all the time i whas going crazy about those bloody tickets, i whas looking at them every fucking day on the table!

What happend?
Italians wrote her name with my postal adress. So, the courier delivered somekind of a package on my home adress, but the lady who's taking care of my nephiews told him that theres no mrs. Petra here, and that she know that Petar is my boss.
Courier then delivered the package in my firm to my boss (couse i bought the tickets with her credit card), who saw this italian magazine, and she tossed that magazine on a pile.
Thank God that she keeps everything and that this magazine stood there when i found it.

So, right now, my bro and i are holding couple of David Gilmour tickets in our hands, and life seems alot easyer now. ALOT easyer.
Concert is in a week and i'm not gonna miss it.

As Derek Trotter would say - he who dares, wins!
And as i would say - Damn Donkey!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........
Cheers people! :)
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Congratulations Bran, thats great news for you :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Stephen wrote:Congratulations Bran, thats great news for you :D
Thanks Robbie (lol)! It is! Ahh...it is! :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bran's ticket agony

Post by Keith Jordan »

Damn!t wrote:That happend about 2 hours ago...
That means that all the time i whas going crazy about those bloody tickets, i whas looking at them every fucking day on the table!
Komes needs a smack around the face!! :lol: Glad you got your tickets in the end! 8)
jonesy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by jonesy »

shiiit man i would have been knockin heads together and kickin down doors to get them tickets, them couriers would have been claiming there insurence for fire damage at there offices :D

thank fukc you got em back in the end

alls well and ends well <----- or something to that effect
Arnie Layne
Axe
Axe

dg

Post by Arnie Layne »

that is without a doubt... the best news I've heard in ages!

Bran,,, I don;t know what to say

Fantastiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccccccc!
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

wow! :shock: that is a crazy story!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

8) ...Close call........
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Thank you guys!
All i can say now is one big Phewwwwwww! And...roll me another one! :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Boy, you haven't even gone yet, and already you have wild memories to last a life time!

Wow.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Congratulations Damn!t!!!!!!!! :D
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Well done mate - enjoy the show
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

geezzzz.... what a story. well... I'm very glad to hear everything is sorted out now.

enjoy the show in Milan!
I'll be enjoying it Amsterdam in about two days 8)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I think you need a new boss
this constitutes grounds for an office coup
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

you realise that little adventure cut about 10 years off your life!

and how the shite didnt you realise that your bosses name was Komes?

seriously HOW?