Irish album charts

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
radiowaves

Irish album charts

Post by radiowaves »

walking the streets of dublin today, i failed to notice any poster up proclaiming 'On An Island' was number 1 in the charts in any record shops. so when i got home, i checked out the irish charts websites, and nowhere can 'On An Island' be found in any irish chart. and yet i know loads of people who bought the album. maybe they are behind here, but i wanted a poster from a record shop of the album, and sadly, there were none.
henno

Post by henno »

On an Island entered at 16 last week and is 20 this week....

i wouldnt say thats because theres a lack of love fo rdave but more that irish people have better taste in music than other countries..............!!!!! :lol: :lol:

just have a look at our top 30 albums.....

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

and the check the uks.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/albums.shtml

(oooh *waits for the flack*)
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Looks like Johnny Cash fevfer is sweeping Ireland! 4 albums in the top 40! I was certainly surprised to see Depeche Mode's Singles 86-98 8 year old compilation at 100, the Irish charts are indeed much better than the UK ones!
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Well......with 2 michael jackson tracks there in the singles......Dave hasn't got a chance :D ......Wait till the Irish hear.....Dirty Diana :shock: :D
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

ironbaden wrote:Well......with 2 michael jackson tracks there in the singles......Dave hasn't got a chance :D ......Wait till the Irish hear.....Dirty Diana :shock: :D
Now now! :evil:

No need for that. You are from the country that gave us Bryan Adams and April Wine. You are in no position to slag off Irish music tastes.
henno

Post by henno »

Specially since ye have Barry Manilow and Michael Buble in your top ten *snigger* :lol: :lol: :lol:
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

kagee wrote:
ironbaden wrote:Well......with 2 michael jackson tracks there in the singles......Dave hasn't got a chance :D ......Wait till the Irish hear.....Dirty Diana :shock: :D
Now now! :evil:

No need for that. You are from the country that gave us Bryan Adams and April Wine. You are in no position to slag off Irish music tastes.
LOL...good one.....your right ..Adams is no jackson ( thankfully )... :D
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

i was talking to a mate today. he bought 'On An Island' at the airport because everywhere else was sold out!!!!!!!! and i have to say, i bought the johnny cash 'legendary' and 'the prison concerts'. he's the man (or was).

and here ya go, ironbaden http://www.canadianbands.com/bios_main.html

lot of good bands there....but not as good as rory gallagher 8)i
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

That's funny you should give me that site......I just stumbled on it 2 day's ago...great MIDI files there :D ..Thanks 8)