Paris. Great gig in the sky??

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
donholme
Axe
Axe

Paris. Great gig in the sky??

Post by donholme »

Hi folks

Did anyone go to the Paris L'Olympia gig.. and maybe recorded the xtra "Great gig in the sky" that he was doing there???
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

It's around somewhere. Check out some torrent sites to find it. I know it exists :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I could well be downloading that one now! I may not be though! I can tremember! :o
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

I was at L'Olympia and I thought Sam Brown was not good at all.
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

Shane wrote:I was at L'Olympia and I thought Sam Brown was not good at all.
It is not an easy song to do well! does she have a history of doing it well?
Shane
Axe
Axe

Post by Shane »

It's a hard one alright and in my opinion the best I've seen is Margaret Taylor and Rachel Fury on the Delicate Sound of Thunder video, don't know if that was touched up or anything as they really blasted it out well, seen them in other footage of the same tour and although they were good, it wasn't as good as the Versailles piece on the video.
Sam Brown, though, was woeful in Paris I thought, just my opinion, others seemed to enjoy it, so everyone has a slant on it I suppose.
astroguato
Embryo
Embryo

Post by astroguato »

Shane wrote:It's a hard one alright and in my opinion the best I've seen is Margaret Taylor and Rachel Fury on the Delicate Sound of Thunder video, don't know if that was touched up or anything as they really blasted it out well, seen them in other footage of the same tour and although they were good, it wasn't as good as the Versailles piece on the video.
Sam Brown, though, was woeful in Paris I thought, just my opinion, others seemed to enjoy it, so everyone has a slant on it I suppose.
Maybe it's because it was put in the middle of the "On an Island" set, so it didn't have the same effect as when it's together with more "Dark Side..." songs?
GeorgiaGilmour
Embryo
Embryo

Post by GeorgiaGilmour »

I was there?.but mmm?I can?t remember if she was VERY great cause I was calling my father that time to let him hear her voice so I just missed it... but anyway I remember that I liked it;)
Sam is wonderful, and I like EXACTLY her part of singing of GGITS from PULSE!
:wink: