Roger Waters Live in Berlin Special Edition

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Re: Roger Waters Live in Berlin Special Edition

Post by Sonic Destruction »

lostplay wrote:should i buy this ??? or davids new dvd ???
The Gilmour DVD.

How many more versions of "The Wall" do we need anyway?! Cyndi Lauper is appalling, but none of the other '80's cast have dated well, and all are inferior to the origianl studio album and 1980/1 live recording.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

Pat Albertson wrote:
The Gilmour DVD.

How many more versions of "The Wall" do we need anyway?! Cyndi Lauper is appalling, but none of the other '80's cast have dated well, and all are inferior to the origianl studio album and 1980/1 live recording.
i thought cynda Lauper was pretty good. i didnt care for sinead prima donna.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I rather liked Sinead.

I didn't care for the Scorpions...or Bryan Adams...or Jerry Hall (though I did want to shag her back in the day...can't figure out why now,) and I'm pretty sure that Ms. Lauper was stoned out of her mind on the night.

Look at her eyes.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

mosespa wrote:I rather liked Sinead.

I didn't care for the Scorpions...or Bryan Adams...or Jerry Hall (though I did want to shag her back in the day...can't figure out why now,) and I'm pretty sure that Ms. Lauper was stoned out of her mind on the night.

Look at her eyes.
i was too busy looking at everything else :lol: i like ute lemper though - pity she did'nt do any more songs.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Ute Lemper can have her way with me any old time she likes :D
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

mosespa wrote:Ute Lemper can have her way with me any old time she likes :D

just a reminder 8)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

While not the most flattering picture I've seen of her...there is still something very RRRAAAAOOORRRRRRR about that pic 8)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

mosespa wrote:While not the most flattering picture I've seen of her...there is still something very RRRAAAAOOORRRRRRR about that pic 8)
yup 8)
sjoerd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by sjoerd »

Depends on wheter you like the wall. I think The Wall Live in Berlin is much better than Is there anybody out there? I like the Snowy White guitar solos, and the songs are better arranged. Of course, the veras and waiting for the worms songs didn't get much better.

I did see about half of Remember that night, and I don't really like it. On an Island is too boring for me, and I don't need another inferiour version of Time, Breathe, Shine On, Getting back to life, and so on. More something for die-hard Gilmour fans than Pink Floyd fans. Too bad he didn't play some songs from his previous solo albums.

So, get both :) First the wall in berlin, and when remember that night gets cheaper in a couple of years, get that too.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

well

ok seriously for a moment - the wall live in berlin is worth getting because it captures a moment in history.

plus it isn't Pink Floyd doing the wall so you can own Pink Floyd's album and The Movie and this concert and get something different from each experience.

admittedly the quality of the visuals isn't that great but neither are the visuals for RTN which seem excessively grainy for a modern production.

i found the visuals and performances on DG in Concert much better.

surely at the end of the day you will probably end up buying the lot so really the quibble is just a matter of the order of purchase.
lostplay
Judge!
Judge!

Post by lostplay »

sjoerd wrote:
Depends on wheter you like the wall. I think The Wall Live in Berlin is much better than Is there anybody out there? I like the Snowy White guitar solos, and the songs are better arranged. Of course, the veras and waiting for the worms songs didn't get much better.

I did see about half of Remember that night, and I don't really like it. On an Island is too boring for me, and I don't need another inferiour version of Time, Breathe, Shine On, Getting back to life, and so on. More something for die-hard Gilmour fans than Pink Floyd fans. Too bad he didn't play some songs from his previous solo albums.

So, get both :) First the wall in berlin, and when remember that night gets cheaper in a couple of years, get that too.

thank you >>

has the rw berlin been remastered yet ????

i guess i wait for the >> remember the night<<
>> directors cut >>to come out

peace
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

David's show HAD visuals?? There were a few lasers toward the end of the Universal City show but that was it. I couldn't see why anyone would want this on DVD instead of CD since there's not really anything to see AFAIK, unless he added a bunch of stuff before the show was recorded....
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

If I were stuck between David's dvd and the Wall in Berlin, I'd just save my money for when I really needed it! You'll be much better off without seeing either of them...at least the Wall in Berlin.

For one: the guest musicians were terrible, just deplorable. Every time a guest came on, I just ended up wishing Roger would have sang that part...which leads me to my next point:

Waters' voice was in insufferably poor condition; he wheezed like an old man with some type of horrendous lung/throat disease through the whole show. I realize Roger was getting older but his singing was really painful to the ears on that show!

Third and most important: Waters' awful suit/sunglasses/hair are enough to make me question myself as a Pink Floyd fan.

On a more optimistic note: the show ended.
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

That's the one thing that makes me cringe when I think about that show, his mullet and aviator shades. :lol:

I liked the show though. There were a few performances I could have done without, but over all, I liked it.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

The Gunner's Dream wrote:Waters' awful suit/sunglasses/hair are enough to make me question myself as a Pink Floyd fan.
All of their suits. And sunglasses. And hairs. And baseball hats. And especially their shoes. And socks.

](*,)