On An Island - Surround Mix on the way!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

well kinda funny tou say that...pulse when its released will already be out dated, HD DVD, Bluray both are coming out very soon, ads are already showing, so we will get a 12 year old show on a format that is on its way out... :evil:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I for one have made the members of Pink Floyd quite rich, I don't know how many versions of various albums I have bought over the years...I have a standard and 5.1 Ca Ira (remember that album?) - so I will have yet another OAI, though I can't say I listen to it much...you think the 5.1 will use the "nipple"? :shock: :D
Stween
Axe
Axe

Post by Stween »

jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:well kinda funny tou say that...pulse when its released will already be out dated, HD DVD, Bluray both are coming out very soon, ads are already showing, so we will get a 12 year old show on a format that is on its way out... :evil:
Heh. Yeah, sure. DVD is on its way out just like CD is on its way out. Yeah. Just like SACD and DVD Audio really killed the CD market.

HD-DVD and/or Blu-ray will form a niche market for video fanatics, just like SACD and DVD Audio did for audio types. DVD hasn't been around for long enough for people to be willing to buy into something new.
pinknewbie
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pinknewbie »

peesea wrote:I know Dave says the mix hasn't been completed in 5.1 yet, but, honestly this smacks of greed. The annoucement about it coming in 5.1 (if he was being decent about it) would've happened prior to, or upon, release.

Ya know, while its nice to have the surround mix and all, it should've been released hybrid as standard.

Not all of us have the money to get this album (and then the tour DVD) twice over in every format.
I agree 100%. Not gonna buy the remastered version, and I wouldnt do it even if it was a decent album.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

pinknewbie wrote:I agree 100%. Not gonna buy the remastered version, and I wouldnt do it even if it was a decent album.
I'm with you there 100%, i've stuck with my old copy of DSotM. It still plays perfect, so i'm not gonna shell out 20-30 AUD just to get it in a format (SACD) that i wont even utilise.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

It seems pointless to me to buy these things if they're not going to have new tracks or if your old copy is fine. But then again, there are a lot of people here obsessed with minor details in sound.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Yeh but if you have an SACD system with a good 5.1 speaker set up, it would be a great purchase. It's just that not a lot of people are shelling out loads of cash for SACD and 5.1.
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

any update on this disc? my sacd player needs it badly ;)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

So, when will we receive this 5.1 Mix? I mean I've bought the album 2x now (for the dvd), so I will need to buy this new mix. :roll:
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

hmm a year has gone by and no 5.1 mix. wots... uh the deal?
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Keith Jordan wrote:Considering the amount of video floating around from David's website, it had best be a hybrid SACD with video on it or else I will object strongly before buying it!
yes i second that. i will download a lossless copy from a torrent site before i buy my 4th freakin copy of this album. it is getting sad how many releases this album has gotten. whats worse is ive bought 3 of them already... the album isnt THAT good...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

MadJedi wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Considering the amount of video floating around from David's website, it had best be a hybrid SACD with video on it or else I will object strongly before buying it!
yes i second that. i will download a lossless copy from a torrent site before i buy my 4th freakin copy of this album. it is getting sad how many releases this album has gotten. whats worse is ive bought 3 of them already... the album isnt THAT good...
...and didn't you lose a nipple on top of it all? Has it been worth losing your nipple over it?
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

nosaj wrote:
MadJedi wrote: yes i second that. i will download a lossless copy from a torrent site before i buy my 4th freakin copy of this album. it is getting sad how many releases this album has gotten. whats worse is ive bought 3 of them already... the album isnt THAT good...
...and didn't you lose a nipple on top of it all? Has it been worth losing your nipple over it?
yes i even lost a nipple from one of them... why do i want to lose another?! :lol:
maybe i will try to trade one of my 2 unopend ones in for the 5.1 mix... IF IT EVER COMES OUT :lol:
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Re: On An Island - Surround Mix on the way!!

Post by corie »

FYI the 5.1 mix of dsotm is fab "U" lous the sound, if you have the sytem for it is amazing. so when a new 5.1 mix comes out buy buy buy.Maybee the dvd that is supposed to be released in HD later on might be mixed in 7.1 who knows ?embrace the tech it is your friend ...
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Re:

Post by Alternative 4 »

nosaj wrote:So, when will we receive this 5.1 Mix? I mean I've bought the album 2x now (for the dvd), so I will need to buy this new mix. :roll:
Dave is too busy trying to make it to the next meal