Indian food...

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Neil

Indian food...

Post by Neil »

I have a great passion for Indian food - probably living near Birmingham does that!!
Do you get baltis in the US? Or in other countries where board members live?
I have to say my favourite is Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi !! Especialy nice cause every so often you eat a green chilli and your mouth is on fire.. then you think no probs I'll have some water and carry on. Trouble is having water in those circumstances is a bad idea.. because it makes the NEXT mouthful even hotter..! :wink: :lol:

Madras and Vindaloo are also great! Aparrantley the most 'firey' curry you can have is a Phall.. although I've not tried one. 8-[

Anyone else like a curry :?
Neil

Post by Neil »

Infact a certain NPF moderator is editor and cook on one of my favourite websites !! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kept that one quiet David !

http://www.curryhouse.co.uk/

Scroll down and see picture on left!
Last edited by Neil on Tue May 20, 2003 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

I've heard a story about a pepper that is so blazin hot that
those who partake of the firebomb would ask someone to kill
them to end their misery. :shock: :shock: Anyone else hear that
story??
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

curry rocks!! There is a nice restaurant close to where I live called Safrons. I must visit there soon. King Prawn Massala is my usual curry. I dont like anything hotter as it spoils my experience of the food. Last time I ventured up the scale of hotness, I tried a madrass and it actually made me sweat!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Rogan Josh is nice also.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

I can't stomach hot foods. :oops: I prefer light, slightly bland things. Like lettuce. :| :lol:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:I can't stomach hot foods. :oops: I prefer light, slightly bland things. Like lettuce. :| :lol:

hahahaha :lol: :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Keith Jordan wrote:Last time I ventured up the scale of hotness, I tried a madrass and it actually made me sweat!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Rogan Josh is nice also.
Word to that!! Rogan Josh is quite lovely..

The worst side effect of a hot curry has gotta be 'curry breath' !! It doesn't matter how many times you clean your teeth you still get slagged off in the office the next day for smelling like the contents of a hoover bag!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Neil wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:Last time I ventured up the scale of hotness, I tried a madrass and it actually made me sweat!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Rogan Josh is nice also.
Word to that!! Rogan Josh is quite lovely..

The worst side effect of a hot curry has gotta be 'curry breath' !! It doesn't matter how many times you clean your teeth you still get slagged off in the office the next day for smelling like the contents of a hoover bag!
some of that curry is so hot it should have a health warning. keep those vindaloos away from me!!! I know I will end up eating one of those when drunk one day but i have managed to resist up until now. :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yeah why is it curry tastes so much better when you're drunk !!!?
I wrote a song once called 'Six Pints and a Lamb Tikka' but it wasn't very good :cry: :roll: :oops: :D
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:I can't stomach hot foods. :oops: I prefer light, slightly bland things. Like lettuce. :| :lol:
Same here! There are quite a few Indian restaurants around here, but I've never been to one. Who likes Thai food better? Mmmm.... =P~
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Neil wrote:I wrote a song once called 'Six Pints and a Lamb Tikka' but it wasn't very good :cry: :roll: :oops: :D
Come on, let's here it. :) :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
Neil wrote:I wrote a song once called 'Six Pints and a Lamb Tikka' but it wasn't very good :cry: :roll: :oops: :D
Come on, let's here it. :) :lol:
No chance FVP!! I need some self dignity :lol: :lol:

Let's just say it was meant as a sequel too 'I could murder a Curry' which I posted in Sydmadcapgirls 'post a poem' thread !! Only it was far worse! I know that seems hard to believe but it's true :oops: :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Neil wrote:Infact a certain NPF moderator is editor and cook on one of my favourite websites !! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kept that one quiet David !
Yeah that's me all right, aged a lot when i turned 17, family always say "haven't you grown" and they're right. :lol:

Love indian food, nothing beats a good ruby. Chicken vindaloo is my curry of choice, with a good bit of that yello rice and some nan bread. Many people can't handle their curry, but i ceartinly can, my stomachs used to it from the high amound of chilis e.t.c i've had over time.

Yup, nothing like a good curry.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

eternalechoes wrote:
Same here! There are quite a few Indian restaurants around here, but I've never been to one. Who likes Thai food better? Mmmm.... =P~
I love both! For some reason, Indian food is easier to eat in the winter and Thai in the summer, at least for me. I think I like Indian a bit more, but since it's starting to get to be summer now, I'm going through my Thai phase.

There's this reed plant that they use in Thai called Galanga. It's the weirdest stuff, it's sort of like Ginger, but it tastes more like you ate a turpentine pinetree. Supposedly it's supposed to have some mind altering affects. I think I tried some once (without the thai food around it) and it might have made me a little buzzy, but nothing I would've noticed if I hadn't been aware I was eating Galanga. I think I'll try to find some in a natural food store sometime and cook up a larger quantity.

Found this on the web
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/rare_and_ ... langa.html
scroll down about 1/4 of the page to the entry by "Morgorth". Cracked me up. "Have a goo Evenin - heh heh heh"
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:Found this on the web
http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/rare_and_ ... langa.html
scroll down about 1/4 of the page to the entry by "Morgorth". Cracked me up. "Have a goo Evenin - heh heh heh"
That is really funny!! :lol: :lol: :lol: