Sympathy for Roger Waters?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Sympathy for Roger Waters?

Post by fatoldbob »

2066 wrote:Sympathy for Roger Waters? I dunno...all I can think about right now is that Stevie Wonder's wife looks kinda yummy. I really dig black women...all that ageless, perfect brown skin. Am I off topic? Am I being shallow again? :lol:
Nope, just a pig. :shock: :lol:

It's part of the male condition.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

mosespa wrote:
oh by the way wrote:1. There are many emotional pains that are worse than physical handicaps. Losing a parent in comparison to being blind is not one of them.

2. I had two friends over this weekend and the one that was deserted by his dad as an infant said losing his dad was worse. However, when I asked him who has overcome a bigger obstacle, Waters or Wonder, he said Stevie. When I asked him why his answer was different, he said it was too hard to detach his own life from the question. My other friend said being blind and said he would off himself if he went blind, like the above NPF member. I do not think anyone has said they would commit suicide if they lost a parent.

3. I was going to quit the thread until I read I got scared away because of mossification and the fact that your description of
me was incorrect.

4. First of all, this is only the 2nd forum I have joined and my intent was not to cause trouble.

5. As far as my education, my college years were spent smoking weed, drinking and occasionally studying. 75% of what I learned was garbage and I have forgotten most of the other 25%. College was a good way to prolong childhood and avoid joining the system for another 5 years. More than 90% of my knowledge has come from the strange and challenging path my life has taken me.

6. As far as you being right about me talking to you again, I have always thought small rifts should not come between good
friends. :lol:
1. You say this with complete certainty as though it were a fact. It is not...it is only your opinion. You are neither blind, and you have apparently (notice that I said "apparently") not lost a parent.

Thus, you are completely unqualified to say which is worse, aren't you?

Just as I am.

2. Here, you fall back on collectivist tactics again. "I talked to a greater number of people than you and they agree with me and not you...therefore, you are wrong."

Once again, it was a majority who elected Hitler into power...it was a majority who sanctioned the release of Barabas the murderer over the release of Christ.

Just because you have numbers on your side doesn't make a damn bit of difference to me. I don't listen to numbers.

3. I called you a collectivist...you continue to prove me right. I predicted your inability to drop out of this thread...I was right.

Anything else I said about you falls under the heading of "I can't prove it...and you can't disprove it."

Of course you can say that I was wrong about you...but I don't see you offering any evidence of my wrongness other than your word.

Due to your collectivist beliefs (as well as your unkind behaviour so far in this thread,) your WORD is insufficient. Your WORD is meaningless to me.

4. Damn...didn't stop you from doing it, though...did it?

5. So, why are you throwing your precious degree around as though it should mean something? Apparently, you own admission here states that it doesn't.

Why do you use this meaningless piece of paper to tout your intellectual superiority over anyone else who doesn't have one?

Answer: Because you are a product of an intellectual assembly line...and a collectivist.

Is this where I'm supposed to start calling you a "pot head" or an "alcoholic" as a means of trying to discredit you further? Why...doing that would only make me a hypocrite as I smoke weed daily and drink regularly on Tuesday nights.

You see, the thing is...I don't believe that you are a college graduate. I don't believe that you are old enough. Your behaviour reeks of a teenager who is trying to make himself appear to be something that he is not on a forum where no one knows who he really is.

And whether this is true or not...it's how I've come to see you.

Hell, I've been waiting for you to claim that you're either a psychology student taking part in an assignment that his instructor gave to start shit on a web board and note peoples responses...or that you have Autism/Aspberger's syndrome.

Everything else you've been doing has (whether you admit it or not) fallen squarely into a certain profile. The more responses that I've elicted from you, the more you fit into this profile.

6. Let me tell you something, I HAVE good friends. And they don't insult my education, my intellect or my view on things just because it doesn't line up with theirs.

You have done all of these things...therfore, you are no good friend of mine.

Nor do I have any interest in seeing you become one at this time.
Try again, as your profile is not even close.
One big mistake I have made in my writing is I should have said "In most cases, it is more difficult overcoming blindness than losing or never knowing a parent." A blanket statement that one would be harder than the other in EVERY individual is wrong. I was trying to lighten up the mood with the friend comment and smilie face. You have been equally insulting of me
if you go back and read your words.
Once again, PEACE.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:
1. Try again, as your profile is not even close.

2. One big mistake I have made in my writing is I should have said "In most cases, it is more difficult overcoming blindness than losing or never knowing a parent."

3. A blanket statement that one would be harder than the other in EVERY individual is wrong.

4. I was trying to lighten up the mood with the friend comment and smilie face. You have been equally insulting of me
if you go back and read your words.

5. Once again, PEACE.
1. Really? I'd love to know which parts are wrong.

I will show now that the major (to me) assumption IS correct.

The major assumption is that you are a collectivist. If you knew anything about me at all, you'd know that THIS is the biggest insult that I could ever pay to another mind.

You are incapable of independent thought.

I will remind you that the biggest "weapon" you have tried to use against me thus far (other than your "word,") is the opinion of numerous other people.

You tried to gang up on me, pal.

Twenty other people, was it? One of whom thought I was a "fucking idiot," I think.

Is this supposed to impress me? It didn't.

But you, apparently thought that it should.

This means that you believe in the rightness of the greatest number...which is a fallacy.

But it's also the most basic definition of "collectivism."

You ARE a collectivist. But you don't deny this...though you somehow expect me to believe that I am wrong in this assumption?

You say that my assumptions of you are wrong. Aside from stating that you fit a specific profile (which I've not gotten very explicit about,) and stating the reasons why I think you spent a day or two out of the argument...I haven't really said what my assumptions about you ARE, have I?

Beyond some very generic, broad strokes about you being a collectivist. Because every "assumption about you" that I've made on this board has simply been proven extensions of collectivism.

If I've "misread" you...it's only because I haven't quite figured out WHICH type of collectivist that you are.

2. Nice backpedal, there.

3. I'm glad that you finally realize this as it has been one of the lynchpins of my argument that you have been ridiculing.

It's about time you got it.

4. I've never denied being insulting to you. I've only denied throwing the FIRST insult.

You did that by proxy...through your "friend."

Now...that wasn't really necessary, was it?

5. So now you quote the tagline I use in private messages when I don't think I've ever used it on the public board.

You even emphasize it.

Should I know who you are?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

:smt094 :smt021 :smt067 :smt063 :smt093 ](*,) :-#
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

O--O :smt021 :smt062 :smt075 :smt094 :smt100 :lol:
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

Roger is a Rock musician,Dave is a fat boring old C*nt.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

Is that really necessary?
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

You speak of a collectivist (which I am not) as if they are equivalent to axe murderers and child rapers.

I gave you a peace offering and you turned around and told me to go f*** myself.

Like I have said in numerous posts, my knowledge mostly comes from my life experiences and challenges that
have been sent my way.

I guess I will go to Hell for asking others their opinion.

As far as overcoming blindness in comparison to overcoming a loss of a parent, I still say that 99.99% could deal with the loss of a parent easier.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Far be it for me to intervene at this point :lol: , but I have quite a bit of sympathy for "oh by the way," as I feel he/she genuinely believes in what he/she is attempting to convey, without insult or pretense. Perhaps I have not been privvy to all of the intricacies of this discussion, but can it not be laid to rest?

**prepares to have head bitten off**
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

oh by the way wrote:
I guess I will go to Hell for asking others their opinion.
well you have been dueling with NPF's version of the devil :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:1. You speak of a collectivist (which I am not) as if they are equivalent to axe murderers and child rapers.

2. I gave you a peace offering and you turned around and told me to go f*** myself.

3. Like I have said in numerous posts, my knowledge mostly comes from my life experiences and challenges that
have been sent my way.

4. I guess I will go to Hell for asking others their opinion.

5. As far as overcoming blindness in comparison to overcoming a loss of a parent, I still say that 99.99% could deal with the loss of a parent easier.
1. In my mind (which is all about the spirit of the individual which collectivism seeks to crush,) they are the same thing.

You say that you are not such...yet, one of the "strongest" pillars of your argument is the input of others. That's collectivism, pal...like it or not. You can't argue me on your own merits, you have to bring other people into it.

That's cowardly. I don't say that as an insult...I say that because you obviously don't feel that you can take me without bringing others into it with you.

That's collectivism...do you care to continue trying to convince me that you are not a collectivist?

Or are you simply trying to convince yourself?

2. Don't put words in my mouth. I never told you to "go f*ck yourself." (See? I can say it, too.) I simply informed you that your "friendship" is not something that I care to obtain or have.

If that's a problem for you, then you need to ask yourself why it's so important to you that I accept your friendship.

3. Yeah...like you said after you threw your master's degree out like it should matter.

You went for the collectivist notion of proof, first.

4. The fact that you have to ask others for their opinion in order to prove to you that your notion is correct indicates to me that you are ALREADY in hell.

You can get out, you know.

5. Make up your mind, please.

Not more than three of your posts ago, you were saying that blanket generalizations are a bad idea...now you are using one as some kind of proof.

If you want to win an argument with me...you need to be consistent.

You are not.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

fatoldbob wrote:
2066 wrote:Sympathy for Roger Waters? I dunno...all I can think about right now is that Stevie Wonder's wife looks kinda yummy. I really dig black women...all that ageless, perfect brown skin. Am I off topic? Am I being shallow again? :lol:
Nope, just a pig. :shock: :lol:

It's part of the male condition.
Oink!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Syd'sSexy wrote::smt094 :smt021 :smt067 :smt063 :smt093 ](*,) :-#

nice
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

mosespa wrote:
oh by the way wrote:1. You speak of a collectivist (which I am not) as if they are equivalent to axe murderers and child rapers.

2. I gave you a peace offering and you turned around and told me to go f*** myself.

3. Like I have said in numerous posts, my knowledge mostly comes from my life experiences and challenges that
have been sent my way.

4. I guess I will go to Hell for asking others their opinion.

5. As far as overcoming blindness in comparison to overcoming a loss of a parent, I still say that 99.99% could deal with the loss of a parent easier.
1. In my mind (which is all about the spirit of the individual which collectivism seeks to crush,) they are the same thing.

You say that you are not such...yet, one of the "strongest" pillars of your argument is the input of others. That's collectivism, pal...like it or not. You can't argue me on your own merits, you have to bring other people into it.

That's cowardly. I don't say that as an insult...I say that because you obviously don't feel that you can take me without bringing others into it with you.

That's collectivism...do you care to continue trying to convince me that you are not a collectivist?

Or are you simply trying to convince yourself?

2. Don't put words in my mouth. I never told you to "go f*ck yourself." (See? I can say it, too.) I simply informed you that your "friendship" is not something that I care to obtain or have.

If that's a problem for you, then you need to ask yourself why it's so important to you that I accept your friendship.

3. Yeah...like you said after you threw your master's degree out like it should matter.

You went for the collectivist notion of proof, first.

4. The fact that you have to ask others for their opinion in order to prove to you that your notion is correct indicates to me that you are ALREADY in hell.

You can get out, you know.

5. Make up your mind, please.

Not more than three of your posts ago, you were saying that blanket generalizations are a bad idea...now you are using one as some kind of proof.

If you want to win an argument with me...you need to be consistent.

You are not.
Collectivists are essentially the same as axe murderers and child rapers. Okay, whatever you say.

I think for myself and I found your opinion moronic. I asked others without giving them any indication which side I was on to see what they thought. If that makes me a collectivist, then maybe you should try it as your opinion is wrong.

I lightened up on my post to put this to rest and I wish I had not because it is obvious that when you get an idea in your head, you are unable to think that maybe you got it wrong.

Like I said numerous times, my opinions have been formed from my extensive life experiences, not textbooks, professors, or others.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

Syd'sSexy wrote:Far be it for me to intervene at this point :lol: , but I have quite a bit of sympathy for "oh by the way," as I feel he/she genuinely believes in what he/she is attempting to convey, without insult or pretense. Perhaps I have not been privvy to all of the intricacies of this discussion, but can it not be laid to rest?

**prepares to have head bitten off**
I have tried to put this to rest, but I guess the only way to do that would not reply. I do not need any sympathy, but thanks anyway. The funniest thing is the profile that he has painted of me is so far off, it is somewhat comical.

Looking at the post below yours, maybe you should save your Sympathy for the Devil lol :? .