Sympathy for Roger Waters?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mosespa

Re: Sympathy for Roger Waters?

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:1. Collectivists are essentially the same as axe murderers and child rapers. Okay, whatever you say.

2. I think for myself and I found your opinion moronic. I asked others without giving them any indication which side I was on to see what they thought. If that makes me a collectivist, then maybe you should try it as your opinion is wrong.

3. I lightened up on my post to put this to rest and I wish I had not because it is obvious that when you get an idea in your head, you are unable to think that maybe you got it wrong.

4. Like I said numerous times, my opinions have been formed from my extensive life experiences, not textbooks, professors, or others.
1. Yes...collectivists try to kill individual tendencies in people. They try to shame them into toeing the status quo...kind of like what you've been making vague overtures towards doing.

You remind me a lot of a guy I once knew who tried to make you think his way by constantly questioning you about the surety of your own judgement.

"Are you sure?" he'd ask...I guess eventually he hoped you'd agree with him just so he'd stop asking you if you were sure.

I never would...I just kept confirming my surety of my own judgement.

Much as I've done here. Your attempts to make me change the way I think (a collectivist action, by the way,) continue to fail.

You have tried to murder my faith in my own mind.

You have failed.

Deal with it and let's move on now, shall we?

2. The first three words of your second sentence are practically an oath of collectivism..."I asked others..."

Why did you ask others, I wonder? I mean, this was a disagreement between you and I...and you felt moved to ask others, who are not even members of this forum, what they thought.

Why?

I assume that it's because you thought that the very fact of making me aware that you were discussing this with "others" might make me backpedal.

It didn't.

You say that you're not a collectivist...and yet you couldn't leave this disagreement between you and I. You had to drag "others" into it.

That's a collectivist action.

It can also be considered a cowardly action...would it be better if I thought of you as a coward rather than a collectivist?

Because I can adjust.

3. I am always unable to think that I have an idea wrong whenever evidence to support that I'm correct continues to face me.

I don't think of that as a bad thing.

You words say "I'm not a collectivist." But your actions say "I'm a collectivist."

You seem to have a dichotomy between what you say and what you do. Perhaps you're not aware of it...perhaps you need to be made aware of it.

*shrug*

4. Yes, yes...you said that numerous times; but only AFTER you mentioned your masters degree, presumably expecting me to bow before it and pay homage to your "superior intellect."

I'm rather surprised that you grasped it's ineffectiveness as quickly as you did. Perhaps you took me seriously when I said that I wasn't impressed...now, if only you could take me as seriously when I say that you will not change my mind until you have lost your sight AND a parent and can tell me with complete authority which one is the more crippling.

Not what you ASSUME would be the more crippling.

I'm not really interested in what you assume...if you hadn't noticed.

I know what I assume...and am not interested in convincing you that my assumption should carry any more weight than yours.

You, however, seem hellbent on convincing me that your assumption DOES carry more weight than mine.

Perhaps you should examine that.

By the way...that's a collectivist tactic.

You can keep on telling me that I've got you wrong...you won't convince me.

I'm familiar with a person's capacity for self-deception.
Geoff Wode
Axe
Axe

Post by Geoff Wode »

Yucateco wrote:
Geoff Wode wrote:If I went blind tomorrow I would commit suicide, no doubt about it.
oh please, this is so pathetic. I know quite a lot of blind people and they agree with me. You can be blind and still live a happy live! You would commit suicide if you go blind? What happens if you get diagnosed with cancer, HIV or something like that? Something were you are in pain all day?

The fact that you resort to rubbishing my point of view (when you know absolutely nothing about me) reveals you as a thoroughly immature, narrow minded and arrogant individual.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Geoff Wode wrote:
Yucateco wrote: oh please, this is so pathetic. I know quite a lot of blind people and they agree with me. You can be blind and still live a happy live! You would commit suicide if you go blind? What happens if you get diagnosed with cancer, HIV or something like that? Something were you are in pain all day?

The fact that you resort to rubbishing my point of view (when you know absolutely nothing about me) reveals you as a thoroughly immature, narrow minded and arrogant individual.
arrogant? individual? YES! everything else is quite wrong (especially when you know absolutely nothing about me) :lol: :lol:
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

This seems to have become a thread for trading personal insults which is a bid sad really. I like RW and I do feel sorry for the fact that he lost a parent at a very early age, but I don't feel sorry for him now. The guy is doing what he enjoys obviously and still touring around the globe and he is 60 something. And by seeing him in concert in February and seeing him around the tracks, he seems to be having a blast. I actually kind of envy the man. :)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

So, I notice that Geoff Wode and Oh, By The Way seem to be using similar tactics of stirring up unrest.

I wonder if they're the same person?

I notice that Geoff Wode didn't bother chiming in until Oh, By The Way was obviously failing to make any progress with me.

By the way...I'm not ACCUSING them of being the same person...I'm just WONDERING if they're the same person.
Geoff Wode
Axe
Axe

Post by Geoff Wode »

mosespa wrote:So, I notice that Geoff Wode and Oh, By The Way seem to be using similar tactics of stirring up unrest.

I notice that Geoff Wode didn't bother chiming in until Oh, By The Way was obviously failing to make any progress with me.

By the way...I'm not ACCUSING them of being the same person...I'm just WONDERING if they're the same person.

I would say you are rather paranoid.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

I can no longer debate with someone that tries to equate collectivism with murder and children being raped. I am only thankful that you have no children.

I mentioned my degree twice and have always said MY LIFE EXPERIENCES TAUGHT ME. The 2nd time I mentioned my education I basicly ridiculed it, by saying it was really an excuse to party and not grow up. I am sorry that your inferiority complex prevented you from understanding what I was writing. How could you realize this when you are too Blind to even realize that you suffer from this complex?

I am so glad that Roger lost his dad instead of being blind. You should be also, as there would never have been a Pink Floyd if Roger were blind.

I have no idea who Geoff Wode is.

PEACE
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:1. I can no longer debate with someone that tries to equate collectivism with murder and children being raped.

2. I am only thankful that you have no children.

3. I mentioned my degree twice and have always said MY LIFE EXPERIENCES TAUGHT ME.

4. The 2nd time I mentioned my education I basicly ridiculed it, by saying it was really an excuse to party and not grow up.

5. I am sorry that your inferiority complex prevented you from understanding what I was writing.

6. How could you realize this when you are too Blind to even realize that you suffer from this complex?

7. I am so glad that Roger lost his dad instead of being blind. You should be also, as there would never have been a Pink Floyd if Roger were blind.

8. I have no idea who Geoff Wode is.

9. PEACE
1. Collectivism is rooted in the hatred of the individual. Every instance of a collectivist coming in contact with an individual has eventually become an attempt by the collectivist to murder the independent's spirit and assimilate the individual into the hive.

This IS murder, in my book.

2. Actually, I have a seventeen year old daughter and a ten year old son. Do you think they should fear me or something? Because, from what they display whenever I'm around, they would really rather live with me than with their mothers.

I'd really be more concerned about your children having their individual spirits stifled and murdered. I encourage my kids to think for themselves and arrive at their own conclusions.

3. Yes...but you mentioned your degree first and tried to hold it over my head as evidence of the alleged superiority of your intellect. You quit doing that when I pointed out to you that it only proved that you can pass a standardized test.

Again...congratulations.

As for your life experiences...have you checked them against other people's to make sure they're valid? :lol: :lol:

4. Sure...nice try at saving face.

It nearly worked.

5. You know, I'M the one who diagnosed YOU as being inferior to me. This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to use my tactic against me.

Again, a collectivist manuever.

6. See above.

7. So...would there be a Stevie Wonder if he had gone blind? Oh, that's right...he IS blind. And so is Jeff Healey...and Ronnie Milsap...and Terri Gibbs...Ray Charles was pretty blind, too...if I remember.

So, you don't think Roger Waters could have learned how to play had he been blind?

I think he might be a better player than he is now...because he would have had to work at it a little harder. Maybe his father would have even encouraged him a little.

8. I wouldn't expect you to admit it, you know.

9. PEACE BACK ATCHA!!

Geoff Wode wrote:
mosespa wrote:So, I notice that Geoff Wode and Oh, By The Way seem to be using similar tactics of stirring up unrest.

A classic example of trying to turn the tables to deflect suspicion away from yourself.

Whether I'm paranoid or not, it IS rather interesting how you waited until Oh, By The Way started getting pinned by me to start posting...and that when you DID start posting, you tried to reiterate Oh, By The Way's points.

I think even a non-paranoid person could have made that same observation.
Geoff Wode
Axe
Axe

Post by Geoff Wode »

mosespa wrote:
oh by the way wrote:1. I can no longer debate with someone that tries to equate collectivism with murder and children being raped.

3. I mentioned my degree twice and have always said MY LIFE EXPERIENCES TAUGHT ME.

4. The 2nd time I mentioned my education I basicly ridiculed it, by saying it was really an excuse to party and not grow up.

5. I am sorry that your inferiority complex prevented you from understanding what I was writing.

6. How could you realize this when you are too Blind to even realize that you suffer from this complex?

7. I am so glad that Roger lost his dad instead of being blind. You should be also, as there would never have been a Pink Floyd if Roger were blind.

9. PEACE
1. Collectivism is rooted in the hatred of the individual. Every instance of a collectivist coming in contact with an individual has eventually become an attempt by the collectivist to murder the independent's spirit and assimilate the individual into the hive.

2. Actually, I have a seventeen year old daughter and a ten year old son. Do you think they should fear me or something? Because, from what they display whenever I'm around, they would really rather live with me than with their mothers.

I'd really be more concerned about your children having their individual spirits stifled and murdered. I encourage my kids to think for themselves and arrive at their own conclusions.

3. Yes...but you mentioned your degree first and tried to hold it over my head as evidence of the alleged superiority of your intellect. You quit doing that when I pointed out to you that it only proved that you can pass a standardized test.

Again...congratulations.

As for your life experiences...have you checked them against other people's to make sure they're valid? :lol: :lol:

It nearly worked.

5. You know, I'M the one who diagnosed YOU as being inferior to me. This is nothing more than an attempt on your part to use my tactic against me.

6. See above.

7. So...would there be a Stevie Wonder if he had gone blind? Oh, that's right...he IS blind. And so is Jeff Healey...and Ronnie Milsap...and Terri Gibbs...Ray Charles was pretty blind, too...if I remember.

So, you don't think Roger Waters could have learned how to play had he been blind?

I think he might be a better player than he is now...because he would have had to work at it a little harder. Maybe his father would have even encouraged him a little.

9. PEACE BACK ATCHA!!

Geoff Wode wrote:
A classic example of trying to turn the tables to deflect suspicion away from yourself.

Whether I'm paranoid or not, it IS rather interesting how you waited until Oh, By The Way started getting pinned by me to start posting...and that when you DID start posting, you tried to reiterate Oh, By The Way's points.

I bet the long winter nights just fly by in your house...
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

mosespa wrote:

9. PEACE

Again...congratulations.

It nearly worked.

6. See above.

9. PEACE BACK ATCHA!!

Geoff Wode wrote:

Delusional, paranoid and w/o a clue. Waters would never have formed Pink Floyd with the others, as blind people do not attend architectural school. I feel very sorry for your kids, as a collectivist is as bad as a child rapist. I figured you had no children, because no father would make a comment like that. You make it sound like it is easier to become a musician if you are blind. How many blind rock stars are there?
Yes, I have compared my life experiences with hundreds of people and I do know more than you on this subject.
Your points have just got increasingly more delusional, and you surely have gone fishing and have toys in the attic if you think you have made ANY legitimate points to back up your idiotic viewpoint.
Thankfully, your kids do not spend much time with you.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

So, does anybody have sympathy for Roger? :lol:
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

:smt102

:smt021 :smt021 :smt021

:-$
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

nosaj wrote:So, does anybody have sympathy for Roger? :lol:
I can't sleep at night, as I lay awake wondering how Roger is surviving. :D
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

oh by the way wrote:
nosaj wrote:So, does anybody have sympathy for Roger? :lol:
I can't sleep at night, as I lay awake wondering how Roger is surviving. :D
:smt033
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Further similarities as both Geoff Wode and Oh, By The Way go through the trouble of quoting my entire posts without ever once addressing the points in them...they only suggest paranoia and delusion.

I wonder if both of these noobs know that quoting entire posts without referencing what you're quoting is against forum rules.

Call me what you will, guys...nothing that either of you has to say is of any significance to me.

All your doing is making yourselves look like the jerks I already know you to be.

I will now give the two of you twenty-four hours (or so,) to either get back on topic or to address what I have said before I lock this topic.

Your criticisms of my parenting ablities (which you know nothing about) have nothing whatsoever to do with this topic...nor do they have anything to do with this board as my children aren't members here.

However, your collectivist based attacks upon my character DO have to do with this board...though not with the topic.

My attacks upon you are valid as they center around your behaviour on this board. Your attacks upon me are based upon my personal life (which you know nothing about) since you can't make any attack upon my behaviour here stick.

You guys are two (or one,) sad, pathetic, incompetent losers. I say this based solely upon what you have said in this thread.

Now...either get back on topic or say something relevant that isn't an insult of an intellect that you're not worthy of being exposed to. You have twenty-four hours.

EDITED BY MOSESPA: The following is taken from the "What Are You Thinking Thread."
oh by the way wrote:
nosaj wrote: He sticks to logic a lot, but as that Monty Python movie shows, logic has some problems...from the movie paraphrase: "To find out if she is a witch, throw her in the water, if she floats she is a witch, if she sinks she is not a witch"...you know the old either or thang...most of us sit back with popcorn and take the mossification as entertainment...but sometimes he is even right.
I am sure he is right at times, but it seems to me he has an inferiority complex which compels him to be a stubborn ass to the point of absurdity. I guess I should stock up on the microwavable popcorn.
I'm thinking that calling me (or anyone else) "an idiot" is considered flaming and is against the rules.

I'm thinking that you said you were a college graduate...if so, you should be old enough to know better.

I'm also thinking that you need to learn that continuing to call someone an idiot does not make them one. It only makes you look moronic through your unceasing repetition.

I have no inferiority complex...quite the opposite, I have delusions of grandeur.

The reason that I continue to stick with my assertions is to show you that you have shown me no reason to change my thinking. You rely upon the opinons of others...which are just as flawed as your own or my own.

You offer no hard data, only speculation.

THIS is why I keep at my take on things. You haven't proven it wrong.

I am also now thinking that carrying our little spat into other threads is also a violation of forum rules..."spamming," or "flooding," it's called.

I have now counted no fewer than three forum rules violations by you.

I think you need to straighten your act up. Your continued violation of forum rules does not lend weight to your argument.

Perhaps I should start an "Insult Mosespa" thread. Perhaps that would help these guys keep from spreading their negativity all across the forum.

FURTHER EDIT BY MOSSY:
oh by the way wrote:1. Delusional, paranoid and w/o a clue.

2. Waters would never have formed Pink Floyd with the others, as blind people do not attend architectural school.

3. I feel very sorry for your kids, as a collectivist is as bad as a child rapist.

4. I figured you had no children, because no father would make a comment like that.

5. You make it sound like it is easier to become a musician if you are blind. How many blind rock stars are there?

6. Yes, I have compared my life experiences with hundreds of people

7. and I do know more than you on this subject.

8. Your points have just got increasingly more delusional, and you surely have gone fishing and have toys in the attic if you think you have made ANY legitimate points to back up your idiotic viewpoint.

9. Thankfully, your kids do not spend much time with you.
1. Describing yourself? Because these words don't apply to me. You may THINK that they do, but we've already determined that thinking isn't your strongest point.

Why do you keep trying?

2. Woah...the first thing you've said that indicates the presence of sense.

3. Since I'm neither a collectivist nor a child rapist, why do you feel sorry for my children? I'm an individualist and have taught my children the importance of being an individual.

As I have children, I think it's safe for me to say that in my mind, anyone who would rape my daughter is just as unworthy of continued existence as someone who tries to make her subjugate her mind to theirs.

It's unfortunate that you don't think the forced subjugation of a mind is a terrible thing.

4. Why do you say that? I don't follow what one has to do with the other. Why WOULDN'T a father say something like that?

Because YOU think that he wouldn't?

Who died and made you matter?

5. Depends on what you consider "rock." I'll list them again:

Jeff Healey

Ray Charles

Ronnie Milsap

Terri Gibbs

Stevie Wonder

There's five...which you probably won't consider significant. But since you were assuming "zero," I'll satisfy myself with the fact that I came up with five more than you could.

Not all of them are "rock" per se...but all of them CAN be called "pop" artists...and as rock is a sub-genre of "pop," that's close enough for me.

6. A collectivist action.

I'm curious, though...how did your life experiences stack up? Are they valid because they check against the experiences of others?

7. So you say...is that because of your almighty degree?

I don't think you know anything, I don't even care what your experiences are. You admit yourself that you ARE NOT BLIND...therefore, you know NOTHING of what being blind entails.

8. The same could be said about you. What's your point?

9. Would you tell Roger Waters, "Thankfully, your dad didn't see what a jerk you turned out to be?"

Would you tell Stevie Wonder "Thankfully, you can't see how ridiculous you look."

You seem to think it a bad thing that I encourage my children to be independent thinkers...that only confirms my idea that you ARE a collectivist.

Do you care to continue trying to convince me that you are not?
Geoff Wode wrote:
I bet the long winter nights just fly by in your house...
It's springtime here, dude.