Sympathy for Roger Waters?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Sympathy for Roger Waters?

Post by PooF »

mosespa wrote:I think you need to straighten your act up. Your continued violation of forum rules does not lend weight to your argument.

Perhaps I should start an "Insult Mosespa" thread. Perhaps that would help these guys keep from spreading their negativity all across the forum.
Who are you addressing: Your adversaries or your acolytes? :smt077
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I like to think that I address whomever the shoe fits.

However, my acolytes don't seem to feel it necessary to break forum rules in an attempt to make their points.

The adversaries, however, do.

So...you tell me who I'm addressing :D :D
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

Mr. Moderator, you have broken rules also. Sad, incompetent losers is as much as an insult as idiot. You were also the person that started the blindness vs. losing a parent. You also ignored my peace offerings.

Back on topic - I feel sympathy for any child that grows up w/o a parent. At the age of 64 and looking at Waters life and attitude, I no longer have sympathy for him.

I did not know that it is against forum rules to quote a whole post and when I read the What are you thinking? thread, I just wrote what I was thinking. I will comply with forum rules. You should also.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

mosespa wrote:However, my acolytes don't seem to feel it necessary to break forum rules in an attempt to make their points.
Did I break any forum rules? :lol: You know I am one of the acolytes! :wink:
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

mosespa wrote: However, my acolytes don't seem to feel it necessary to break forum rules in an attempt to make their points.

The adversaries, however, do.
Well I think of myself as a kind of closet acolyte of Mosepa, but it does seems like you're now kind of falling back on forum rules, etc.

Though to be honest, this has long gone off topic (but it never was very clear if you look back).
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Personally, I think the thread should be locked. :smt096 :lol:
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

care for some popcorn, Teresa?
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

FloydCouncil wrote:care for some popcorn, Teresa?
Absolutely Saad. Would you like some of my Junior Mints? :lol:
FloydCouncil
Hammer
Hammer

Post by FloydCouncil »

Yes, indeed. Thank you! :D
zuma
Axe
Axe

Post by zuma »

Waters is a hairless ball sack... he can go fart on a stick and wave it around in the air, for all I care hahahaha! :lol:

Just kidding! I love the cantankerous old bastard, but he'll get no sympathy from me... cuz I'm out $165 after buying tix to see him. :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:1. Mr. Moderator, you have broken rules also.

2. Sad, incompetent losers is as much as an insult as idiot.

3. You were also the person that started the blindness vs. losing a parent.

4. You also ignored my peace offerings.

5. Back on topic - I feel sympathy for any child that grows up w/o a parent. At the age of 64 and looking at Waters life and attitude, I no longer have sympathy for him.

6. I did not know that it is against forum rules to quote a whole post and when I read the What are you thinking? thread, I just wrote what I was thinking. I will comply with forum rules.

7. You should also.
1. Yes, I know. Did you think that I didn't? I do this pretty often to show people how idiotic they are being.

I broke the same rules you did to show you what it looks/feels like when those rules are broken in your direction...it's something I do pretty often.

Sometimes, the only way to show a person what a jerk they're being is to be just a big of a jerk back to them.

2. Yes, but it took me quite a few insults from you and your hype man before I got to that, didn't it?

I may have broken rules...but only after putting up with your insults for far longer than most would have.

You threw the first stone...it may have been given to you by one of your offline friends...but you threw it first, pal.

3. Um...no. I wasn't. You need to check your facts. Go back to about page four or five and you will see that someone else started that and I chimed in with what I thought about it.

4. No...I acknowledged your peace offerings. I also told you that they were meaningless to me.

What's your point?

5. My children are growing up without a parent...that parent being me.

Is THAT why you say you feel sorry for them?

Because your snotty attitude seems to indicate otherwise.

6. It's not against the rules to quote a whole post.

It IS against the rules to quote a whole post...and then not address the whole post that you quoted.

You AND Geoff Wode have both done this repeatedly.

7. It is not your place to tell me how to conduct myself.

In ANY fashion.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

You misread just about everything. I was referring to the earlier poster that lost his mum at five years old and all others that grew up w/o a parent. Since you brought up your kids do not have a parent, do you think their plight would be easier if
they were blind instead? I am not a cold, insensitive prick like you believe. I have had enough life experiences that have made me a compassionate person.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

oh by the way wrote:1. You misread just about everything.

2. I was referring to the earlier poster that lost his mum at five years old and all others that grew up w/o a parent.

3. Since you brought up your kids do not have a parent, do you think their plight would be easier if
they were blind instead?

4. I am not a cold, insensitive prick like you believe. I have had enough life experiences that have made me a compassionate person.
1. Really? Then perhaps you need to state yourself clearer. You see, since English IS my first language, I read what I see that you have written and I respond to it in the manner that I see fit.

You say that I've misread. Is it not possible that YOU have miswritten?

2. Oh...so you only feel sorry for children who are growing up without a parent because that parent is dead. Do you not feel sorry for children who are growing up without one parent because the one who is raising them is a collectivist control freak who doesn't want the other parent ruining their power trip?

3. Dunno...you see, I'm not dead...as I hope you can tell.

Since I'm not dead, the question of whether or not my children would be better off blind is irrelevant to the discussion. Yes, my children feel their loss every day of their lives...but they also get to be with me from time to time, so it's not the same thing.

I would expect someone with a college degree to know the difference between dead and alive.

4. I don't think you are that...and I've never stated that I do.

I HAVE stated that I think you are a collectivist who is (by definition) incapable of original thought and lacking the confidence to trust the results of your own mind, relying instead upon the consensus of others to supply you with surety in your beliefs.

I HAVE said that.

But that doesn't mean that you are a cold hearted, insensitive prick.

The fact that you think my children are better off without me, however...kind of does.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

I believe I said that I feel sorry for children w/o a parent. I also feel bad for those that are mentally and physically abused.
I believe a 10 year-old child would be much more damaged by being raped than being raised by a collectivist. My opinions have been formed by my trials and tribulations. I asked my one friend because his dad died at 8 and he is a special ed teacher that has worked with blind kids. I asked others because I find your opinion outrageous and I was wondering if anyone agreed with it.
My opinion was not formed at all by anyone I talked to and I really wanted to stay away from my life story (since I am a newbie). I will streamline it, so as not to bore anyone.

I was diagnosed with a 18 inch spinal cord tumor. I was in the hospital for 9 months, had 8 surgeries and spent 7 weeks with spinal meningitis. The meningitis infected my optic nerves, which caused my left eye to go totally blind and damage my right eye (to a lesser extent). I have spent numerous hours with blind people when the doctors were trying to save my vision.
I also mentioned that my friend's 13 year-old is blind. I have very little sight in my right eye w/o my corrective lenses. I also am paralyzed from the chest down, due to spinal cord damage, which requires dependency on others (like blind people).
I believe that these experiences have given me more than an inkling of what a blind person deals with, but not totally. I do
know what it is like to have limited vision and be in constant pain.
I also know over a dozen people that have grown up w/o a parent. Most of them have done very well in their lives and I honestly hope the same for your two children. Ironically, Roger has had more problems with his dad's loss than any of my friends and obviously Mr. Waters is more successful, at least in fame and money.

I regret mentioning my degree, as it really is irrelevant. As far as me not being able to think for myself, that was true for the 7 weeks I had spinal meningitis. However, after that period, I have always thought for myself and sometimes with more experience and wisdom than I wish I had.
oh by the way
Axe
Axe

Post by oh by the way »

FloydCouncil wrote:care for some popcorn, Teresa?
Thanks for making me laugh :lol: !