WHICH PINK FLOYD SONG HAD AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

WHICH PINK FLOYD SONG HAD AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE?

Post by Charade I am »

FOR ME IT WAS TIME....ITS LYRICS AND MUSIC JUST MADE ME DROP MY JAW, IT SENT SHIVERS TROUGH MY SPINE...IT JUST MADE ME REALIZE THAT I WAS GOING NO WHERE WITH THE ATTITUDE I HAD AT THAT TIME....HELPED ME TO HAVE A BETTER WAY OF LIVING 8)
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

I had Time in mind too, before I even read the post! :P

I think Animals in general affected me very much. Especially Dogs and Sheep. Most people at one time or another has probably been in one of those positions. I certainly try not to be either as much as possible.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I would have to say Pigs On The Wing parts 1 and 2, made me think of the numerous people i know that i treat like shit from time to time, made me think perhaps i should achknowlege that these people are my friends rather than anything else and actually treat them with the friendly compassion they treat me with.

The song to me is about companionship, be it friendship or a relationship the song i very much about the way we treat others and for that reason either one of the songs affected me. Gave me something proper to think about.

Bloody hell, first person to slag this post of gets a good punch in the face :D
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Breathe changed my life i used to have a hectic schedule (school, the band im in etc...) and when i heard breathe it seemed to me like the song was speaking to me telling me to slow down. Now i can realax and breathe in the air!
AthousandMilesOfMoonlight
Blade
Blade

Post by AthousandMilesOfMoonlight »

I would have to agree with all the above songs and that they have a message and can help in your life if you listen,but the one song that spoke to me is "two suns in the sunset",i love the lyrics and the way they describe the idiocy of war, mistrust, and hatred and the way that rage against each other leads to pain and emptyness and if left uncontrolled can lead to disaster.
My favourite line is "ashes and diamonds,foe and friend,we were all equal in the end"
When i listen to this song it reinvigorates me to be hopeful for the future and to try and be nicer to people and to achieve a bit more wisdom and understanding.
And also its a great piece of music.
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Dogs.

When I was in high school going through the worst time of my life, I felt a real relationship to this song. It was not really a good thing, but I felt it strong within me, and felt my destiny was going the way the song led.

Fortunatly things have turned out much better.
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Eclipse for me.. [-D-] \:D/
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

none that i can think of, pink floyd doesnt have much of an effect on my life, sadly. but i guess the whole wall album has had a little
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Tommy wrote:none that i can think of, pink floyd doesnt have much of an effect on my life, sadly. but i guess the whole wall album has had a little
What?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

How can PF not have an affect on your life? Thats just me. The song that did it for me was Fearless:

Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?

WOW... doesnt get any better than that. Meddle in general doesnt get any better. Also I think its funny that most fans consider Echoes to be one of PFs best when it comes after what fans consider to be thier worst, Seamus... Coincidence? I think not! :)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

meddler wrote:Fearlessly the idiot faced the crowd
Smiling.
Merciless the magistrate turns 'round
Frowning.

And who's the fool who wears the crown?
That's my favourite lyric from that song too! :D Seriously, that verse does things for me. :)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

The whole of Animals. P3DO is especially significant. Lately I've been discussing the whole three different personality type thing "enneagram" if you will, (pigs, dogs, sheep) w/Stan a lot. It's crazy, I know, but it's fun. And it helps me make sense of this even crazier world.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Best as I can remember, "Lucifer Sam" was the song that started everything for me. Everyone else was listening to disco at the time.
Eugene
Axe
Axe

Post by Eugene »

Sure this was "Money" but in my opinion the best songs are "Careful with axe Eugene" from Ummagumma and "Echoes" from Live at Pompeii.

Regards from Italy
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:
Tommy wrote:none that i can think of, pink floyd doesnt have much of an effect on my life, sadly. but i guess the whole wall album has had a little
What?
music just doenst affect my life really, cant explain it, but it doesnt. i mean, one song doesnt, but i guess the band does in some way, im not really sure