WHICH PINK FLOYD SONG HAD AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Tommy wrote:
Feeling Very Pink wrote: What?
music just doenst affect my life really, cant explain it, but it doesnt. i mean, one song doesnt, but i guess the band does in some way, im not really sure
Didn't mean to be blunt, by the way. :oops: :wink: I must say I'm the opposite, really. Music is my radar. :-s :)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Got to agree with FVP. Tommy, maybe when you're a little older you will to :lol:
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

Us and Them... it really made me a better person... or not... but it has been the most meaninful song for me.
bmet
Knife
Knife

Song Impact

Post by bmet »

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE

I can remember listening to WYWH for the first time in my parent's
livingroom in the early evening in September 1975.SOYCD was so beautiful,Welcome to the Machine made my jaw drop!
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

David Smith wrote:Got to agree with FVP. Tommy, maybe when you're a little older you will to :lol:
probably, music is kind of like an extra curricular activity for me at the moment, although i am known throughout my class as being really obsessed with it, its still just an extra in my life i guess. although, i think im taking this the other way. im probably thinking life affecting as in a parent dying or somehting. oh well, im rambling and its late, but im sure music has more of an affect on my life than i think it does
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Tommy wrote:probably, music is kind of like an extra curricular activity for me at the moment, although i am known throughout my class as being really obsessed with it, its still just an extra in my life i guess. although, i think im taking this the other way. im probably thinking life affecting as in a parent dying or somehting. oh well, im rambling and its late, but im sure music has more of an affect on my life than i think it does
'Course, go through a day without hearing a single song and you'll know what it means to you then.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Back in Highschool I was a very different person. I used the concepts of Dogs to get through each day. In my mind, the lines You hafta be trusted by the people that you lie to, so that when they turn their backs on you, you'll get the chance to put the knife in were my motto. A few of the popular kids in my class treated me like I was slow (mentally) just because I was shy...so I always thought to myself, "Just let 'em think that, then you can use it against them later." Definitely not the best way to be influenced by your favorite band, but I was young and foolish. :lol:
Tommy wrote:probably, music is kind of like an extra curricular activity for me at the moment, although i am known throughout my class as being really obsessed with it, its still just an extra in my life i guess. although, i think im taking this the other way. im probably thinking life affecting as in a parent dying or somehting. oh well, im rambling and its late, but im sure music has more of an affect on my life than i think it does
I think it's great that you can enjoy PF's music without having to take it to a deeper level. My last g/f refused to listen to PF just because she didn't want to think that deeply about music. It's funny - all she ever listened to was Country. :?
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

:evil: Waiting for the Worms :twisted:

Back a long time ago
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

For me the turning point was ''In The Flesh''. Id bought my Dad The Wall for Xmas in 1979 (possibly 80, cant quite remember now) and had a heard a few songs here and there but not really paid that much attention. Then a couple of years later a friend of mine at school asked me to tape the album for them, I remember setting everything up to record and was originally going to just leave it running and come back to it at the end of the side but I stayed in the room to check the levels were OK and was blown away by this amazing riff, from that moment on I was hooked and sat and listened to the entire album, getting more and more into it. I didnt really have a clue what it was about but I just thought it was one of the most incredible things I had ever heard.
kaya
Axe
Axe

Post by kaya »

BREATH changed my life. it's so calm and it gives you power and strenght. when i'm nervous (and it's very often) i just sing along this song and i feel much better. :P
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

Wish You Were Here

it was the first floyd song i had ever heard.....as cheesy as this is...i actually put it on a compilation tape to my girlfriend at the time....and she hated it :evil:
Because i liked that song so much, i bought more floyd albums and every lyric of just about every song had a meaning in it that i have always been able to apreciate and refer to. Floyd has also inspired me so much creatively...so i suppose i have to give the song 'Wish You Were Here' som credit.

ps

She ain't me girlfriend no more :lol:
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Fav. Song

Post by white rabbit »

God, my favorite song by Floyd that alwasys lifts my spirits is Echoes, form Meddle. The Guitar solo about 3/4 the way through always gets me out of any shit that i'm in. :D That's why i love Floyd, it's almost the best things thats ever happened to me. (My girlfriend being best, Floyd the 2nd and snowboarding 3rd.) If i don't have Meddle nearby just about any Floyd song will do it for me, especially Animals. That whole F*cking album is awesome. I'm rocking out to the same shit that my old man used to! I love it! :P

And just as a little note, how could any true fan of music say that it, music, means nothing to them. I've been through a lot of bad sh*t, and music has always been there for me. And always be there. [/quote]
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I'm gonna say Dogs. It inspired me to learn to play guitar, and it alone has set my musical standards higher.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

P I N K F L O Y D Has just changed my life in general. :D
Great music.
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I cannot choose most of them have I have to say.