WHICH PINK FLOYD SONG HAD AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I cannot single out any particular song that had changed me.. PF in general just changed my outlook on rock music, as it was the first rock group I got hooked on. Waters' sharp, direct lyrics, dour tho many of them may be, kind of opened my eyes to how complex ideas can be expressed in rock music, as opposed to alot of the meaningless lyrics used in say mainstream pop. I grew to love the much more abstract and poetic Barrett as well soon after. Before PF I pretty much eschewed lyrics and despised poetry, and now I can enjoy and appreciate them. I love PF's music as well, PF is sort of the gold standard on my ranking scale of rock music, but I have little experience or talent with music myself so I probably can't get as far into it as much as some of you musician guys can.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

ABITW pt.3
SaintCrest
Axe
Axe

Post by SaintCrest »

The Final Cut, not the album, just the song... made me realize how weak i was at a time where i realized i f**ked up my life
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Gonzo wrote:P I N K F L O Y D Has just changed my life in general. :D
Great music.
P I N K F L O Y D also made me open minded in music. It made me appreciate other music. All thanks to the Floyd! 8) :P :D
PowR TocH
Blade
Blade

Post by PowR TocH »

Money it made me realise in what world are we living. Echoes it simply touched my heart deeply and the lirycs are about my life in some way.
Sydjones
Axe
Axe

WHAT PINK FLOYD SONG HAD AN IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE?

Post by Sydjones »

I don't really have a favorite, but one that really touched me was Jugband Blues, it's just the self diagnosis, and the power behind it, Syd knew what was going on at the time, and it is sad, but I have felt that same way before, in fact, I opened and closed Saucerful so many times that the case actually snapped!!!
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

Wish You Were Here....tho I'd been listening to it for years, it became very personal and pivotal to me in 1987.
THE LUNATIC DARKSIDE 73
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd the songs that mean so much

Post by THE LUNATIC DARKSIDE 73 »

The songs l identify with most are Brain Damage because of events in my life. Great Gig in the sky which makes me very emotional, Crazy Diamond for much the same reason and simply because l love the track l would have to say Fletcher Memorial.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

One of these days was the first Floyd track I heard and made me realise what I had been missing musically but I still get a buzz from Time, especially those opening chords.Oh yes and of course See Emily Play, one of the best "pop" songs of the sixties and Shine On and Echoes and Grantchester meadows and...better stop now.[img][/img]
praneeth_u
Embryo
Embryo

Post by praneeth_u »

The first song that I heard was "High Hopes" from the album "The Division Bell". This enabled the thought process in me. Later which I started digging into the other albums of Pink Floyd. The whole of Pink Floyd had an impact in my lifestyle. This is the GREATEST BAND.

Thanks to Keith for giving space to write here. It is indeed very exciting to recieve your newletters to know about the new things or releases of Pink Floyd.

Thanks & keep it coming.
Praneeth
Mr Belgium
Axe
Axe

Post by Mr Belgium »

If I have to choose: careful with that axe eugene.
white rabbit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by white rabbit »

i would have to say that i really can't think of one particular pink floyd song that made a real drastic change in my life. but atom heart mother really gets to me everytime i listen to it. and time really kinda makes me think the shortness of life and the grandeur of it.
beavis
Embryo
Embryo

Post by beavis »

for me I think that it would have to be great gig in the sky it would calm me down when i was really angery and I love the piano, so much I learned to play it, along with the whole album, so it got me into playing the piano.