New Rick Wright solo album planned

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

New Rick Wright solo album planned

Post by thrill-seeker »

Check out Brain Damage and A Fleeting Glimpse in the next few days as it has been reported that Rick Wright is planning a solo album :) 8)
radiowaves

Post by radiowaves »

I hope so. Rick is like Yes when it comes to solo work. Thanks for this man.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Re: New Rick Wright solo album planned

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

thrill-seeker wrote:Check out Brain Damage and A Fleeting Glimpse in the next few days as it has been reported that Rick Wright is planning a solo album :) 8)
"has been reported" when? by who? where? :roll:
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Wow, it's about time. I hope this one's more in the vein of "Wet Dream" than "Broken China"... and I hope Gilmour repays Rick for his help with the On An Island project by playing on it!
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Re: New Rick Wright solo album planned

Post by thrill-seeker »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:Check out Brain Damage and A Fleeting Glimpse in the next few days as it has been reported that Rick Wright is planning a solo album :) 8)
"has been reported" when? by who? where? :roll:
Over on AFG forum. Col T had a meeting with PF management and was told about this. Check it out for yourself.

Believe me now ?

:)
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Not very reliable information IMO.
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:Not very reliable information IMO.
Ok :roll: But all in good time !
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

I'm looking forward to it :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

hmmm so when the owners/creators of the 2 of the best PF sites meet up with Pink Floyds Management and are told that Rick is planning to create a new album, it is unreliable :??. It is plenty reliable in my view. Wright also turned down the request to play with Mason and Waters at the DSotM show, cause that is when he will begin working on the new album.

Btw, wonder if Gilmour will return the favour and play on the album, and possible subsequent tour?
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

jambo wrote:
hmmm so when the owners/creators of the 2 of the best PF sites meet up with Pink Floyds Management and are told that Rick is planning to create a new album, it is unreliable :??. It is plenty reliable in my view. Wright also turned down the request to play with Mason and Waters at the DSotM show, cause that is when he will begin working on the new album.
Well the source I was talking about was somebody posting the information on some forum. I can do it too, if you understand me. :)
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:Well the source I was talking about was somebody posting the information on some forum. I can do it too, if you understand me. :)
The AFG Forums are the forums for Pinkfloydz.com, which is run by Col T. who is friends with the guy who runs the Brain-Damage.co.uk site. They both meet up with PFM (Pink Floyd Management) every now and then, as they are the 2 biggest Floyd news sites. Col T. carries the same name on the AFG Forums, so if you ever see any PF news with the source as Col T. posting on the AFG Forums or Pinkfloydz.com, it is damn reliable.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Hey, hey... it's not only on the forum, but also on the news section of fleeting glimpse :D

It's official: there will be a new soloalbum by Rick

That's awesome news... I've been hoping for anything new coming from Rick Wright ever since the first rumours about Davids new album.

<ii> <ii>
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

What does everyone think about the possibility of Gilmour helping out on the album.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

jambo wrote:What does everyone think about the possibility of Gilmour helping out on the album.
Would be cool, but only in the final stage of the album (to reduce the risk of the album becoming "On Another Island"). I think Rick should develop the music on his own. But I wouldn't mind David adding a few solo's... :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

ganaffe wrote:
jambo wrote:What does everyone think about the possibility of Gilmour helping out on the album.
...but I wouldn't mind David adding a few solo's... :D
That's what i was thinking, cause too much input from Dave would make it a Pink .5 Floyd album, not a Rick Wright solo album.