Which Songs By Bands Other Than PF Sound Like PF Songs?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Which Songs By Bands Other Than PF Sound Like PF Songs?

Post by W1P »

I was thinking today that Lunatic Fringe and Silent Lucidity are very Floydian. Thoughts?
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I can't think of any other band with 'The Pink Floyd Sound'. I listen to a radiostation which is playing Classic Rock all the time, but never heard anything like Pink Floyd.
Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

Ozric Tentacles - Disolution (The Clouds Disperse)

One of the few Ozrics' songs that has vocals in it, and with or without them, it sounds very Floydian to me.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

Last night i heard on the radio a band from Argentina, they sing in spanish, but this song that i heard had the melody of the early Pink Floyd, it sounded like Remember the day, from A Saucerful of Secrets... :twisted:
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

Lunatic Fringe has always sounded a bit Floydian to me. Lots of Radiohead is very Floydian, too, especially stuff on OK Computer.
W1P
Blade
Blade

Que?

Post by W1P »

Gabriel wrote:Last night i heard on the radio a band from Argentina, they sing in spanish, but this song that i heard had the melody of the early Pink Floyd, it sounded like Remember the day, from A Saucerful of Secrets... :twisted:
Le Ley? Oh, wait, they're from Chile
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

No it was "Babas?nicos"...and you are right, "La Ley" is from Chile, and they don?t sound like Pink Floyd at all
Comfortably_Floyd
Blade
Blade

Post by Comfortably_Floyd »

There is a song that sounds a bit like Brain Damage mixed with a little bit of Syds style called "In Someone Elses Mind" by a band called Soundtrack of our Lives.
You should download it from Kaaza or bearshare or somethin.
very floydish
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

The Flaming Lips are... Ive meet them, theyre cool!
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

How did you meet the flaming lips?
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

Wayne Coyne ,(lead singer) lives here in Oklahoma City. I didn't get to meet him though, but I met Steven Drozd the drummer and Michael Ivins they were out at a local bar called the Blue Door. I got their autographs and gave Michael a not to Wayne to see if I could be in his new movie Christmas on Mars, which he's filming here in OKC. But he hasn't responded back, and that was a month ago :(. But the two guys were really cool. And both said they LOVED Pink Floyd. I was like, yeah you guys are my 2nd favorite band to PF. They understood. Steven said he couldnt wait till DSOTM came out on SACD. The Flaming Lips and Pink Floyd have both the same website creator Bliush... coencidence? I think not! Michael was saying they play Lucifer Sam live alot. Im seeing them in June, here in OKC. I can't wait. I'll try to sneak in a recorder :)-
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Cool, flaming lips are brilliant
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

Yeah, Lunatic Fringe is kind of Floydian I suppose. Myabe thats why I like it so much. Anyone who really likes that song should check out the rest of Red Rider/Tom Cochrane's work, if you haven't already. But, this is a PF site so I'll stop with the other-band-promotion.

I can't think of many other songs that sound like Floyd.