Most overrated member of Pink Floyd?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Who is the most over-rated member of Pink Floyd?

Rick
5%
Dave
24%
Nick
14%
Roger
38%
Syd
19%

Total votes: 37

Prkl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Prkl »

I voted for Mr Waters.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

I am glad that all ten people who voted for Waters have stated WHY they feel he is the most over-rated member LOL
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I don't feel that David & Roger are Over-Rated but more known to casual Floyd fans.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I am glad that all ten people who voted for Waters have stated WHY they feel he is the most over-rated member LOL
Yeah c'mon, you should explain why.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Fair enough, here's my explanation for why I voted for Roger, even though several people have said it already. Roger was a brilliant songwriter, and a very good singer too. However, so many people saying he was the essencial part of Pink Floyd is what makes me consider him overrated. This could easily apply to Dave, Syd, or even Rick or Nick (as someone else has said in this thread, I forget who) as well, but let's be realistic for a second. How many people go out and say that David Gilmour was the driving force behind Pink Floyd? How many people would be complaining about a Gilmour-less Pink Floyd? How many people do complain today about a Syd-less Pink Floyd? Yeah, there are some, but it's not half as much as the amount of people who say Roger was Pink Floyd, the others were just the icing on the cake. If so many people did say that it was Dave or Syd who made Pink Floyd good, I would have voted for Dave or Syd. But I feel that Pink Floyd was a group effort all the way through, and that anyone who is said to be the most important part of the band is immideately overrated. Along with this, I belive that Pink Floyd managed to carry on just fine without Roger, proving that Roger wasn't the "driving force behind the band" as many people say.

Did I explain my reason well enough?
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

Yet Another Movie wrote:Fair enough, here's my explanation for why I voted for Roger, even though several people have said it already. Roger was a brilliant songwriter, and a very good singer too. However, so many people saying he was the essencial part of Pink Floyd is what makes me consider him overrated. This could easily apply to Dave, Syd, or even Rick or Nick (as someone else has said in this thread, I forget who) as well, but let's be realistic for a second. How many people go out and say that David Gilmour was the driving force behind Pink Floyd? How many people would be complaining about a Gilmour-less Pink Floyd? How many people do complain today about a Syd-less Pink Floyd? Yeah, there are some, but it's not half as much as the amount of people who say Roger was Pink Floyd, the others were just the icing on the cake. If so many people did say that it was Dave or Syd who made Pink Floyd good, I would have voted for Dave or Syd. But I feel that Pink Floyd was a group effort all the way through, and that anyone who is said to be the most important part of the band is immideately overrated. Along with this, I belive that Pink Floyd managed to carry on just fine without Roger, proving that Roger wasn't the "driving force behind the band" as many people say.

Did I explain my reason well enough?
Agreed !
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

Dave, Cuz he s pretty much controled the name and hasn't done nothing with it for the last ten years
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

madcap69 wrote:Dave, Cuz he s pretty much controled the name and hasn't done nothing with it for the last ten years
And that's why you are overrated ???
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

madcap69 wrote:Dave, Cuz he s pretty much controled the name and hasn't done nothing with it for the last ten years
That doesn't bother me, i would have much less repsect for him if Pink Floyd released a bad album tomorrow.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I voted Dave (besides: is it Dave or David?). He's an absolutely great guitar-player and a great singer, but I think that his lyrics are quite overrated
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Syd_Count wrote:I voted Dave (besides: is it Dave or David?). He's an absolutely great guitar-player and a great singer, but I think that his lyrics are quite overrated
He says he prefers David for some reason. Perhaps that reason is because that is his name! :roll: :lol:
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

Well, within the last ten year's Pink Floyd released "The Division Bell" and "Pulse" not to mention they went on tour and he will also be releasing the Pulse DVD as well. :?
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I voted David. But thats just me!!!