Poll: Artists make their stand

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

I am

a Musician
33%
a Visual Artist
17%
a Writer or Poet
22%
an Actor/Actress
6%
a Dancer or Performance Artist
6%
in a creative field not listed above
No votes
without a creative bone in my body
17%

Total votes: 18

Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Poll: Artists make their stand

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

There already was a poll asking if you are a musician. But what about all forms of creativity, not just music? Let us know if you are a creative and your field. Professional or serious non-professional, it doesn't matter. If you are more than one, vote for what you're strongest in.

I'm a visual artist, BTW.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am a musician, it is what I see it is what I am!

I want to paint a picture so much though. Never got round to it. I am thinking about using acrylics on a heavy paper. It will be an abstract of course! :D
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote:I am a musician, it is what I see it is what I am!

I want to paint a picture so much though. Never got round to it. I am thinking about using acrylics on a heavy paper. It will be an abstract of course! :D
If you have any technical questions, just ask me, Keith. Acrylics/mixed media are my specialty. Well, that and digital...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:If you have any technical questions, just ask me, Keith. Acrylics/mixed media are my specialty. Well, that and digital...
Know a couple of websites I can get some tutorials at? I could use a search engine but I am thinking you may have one or two you frequent? :)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Keith Jordan wrote:Know a couple of websites I can get some tutorials at? I could use a search engine but I am thinking you may have one or two you frequent? :)
I don't visit art tutorial sites at all, but here's one that might have something:
http://www.danielsmith.com/
They're an online US art supply store. I used to get their catalog back in the early 90s. They might have some links to tutorials...I don't know.

One thing you might want to keep in mind if you are using acrylics is that since they are water-based they WILL warp anything you apply them to if it is porous and can absorb liquid. It would be best to use them on canvas board. They make some heavy paper that has been treated...it's sort of plastic-coated-like so it won't absorb, but I think it is crap. And if you apply them heavily they will warp that too just from the shrinking process during drying. If you are applying in thin washes similar to watercolor, then it would be best to stretch heavy watercolor paper on a backing board like masonite. Just tape it down to the masonite with strong tape and after you are finished with the painting and it is dry and the warping has subsided, you can remove it.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Even if i don't do it professionally i like to think of myself as a writer being that i do it a lot. Atlast i would like think it's well spent time when i write stuff.
Charade I am
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Charade I am »

well, I?m a writer, a poet...right now im doing a screenplay for a tv show. I also like to act, though i?ve never done a play, movie, etc, but I did a pilot program with a couple of friends, in which i co-created, co-directed, wrote and acted...but Im studying advertisment at the university, I like it very much, specially in the creative field
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I'm a musician, writer, poet, actor, DJ, philosopher (hey...there's an art to it)...I would call myself a renisaince man, but I suck at math...and at spelling rennaisance. :oops:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

im not creative, but i am good for making people laugh, especially girls :D
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I am a writer who makes some poems too... I think I'm the only one who considers me as an artist. Many people have tried to read my things but they don't understand them. Maybe that's because I am a great writer who makes only masterpieces.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I am a visual artist, preferring to work in pen and ink. I also do watercolour, acrylics, pencil and charcoal drawings. Since I bought this fancy new computer, I've been trying my hand at electronic art. I am a silversmith, as well, and would someday like to try my hand at stone sculpting.
eternalechoes
Axe
Axe

Post by eternalechoes »

I'm probably more of a musician than a visual artist, although I do enjoy both very much. :P
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I am a musician, I have been playing drums for about 3 years & it is very fun.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Gonzo wrote:I am a musician, I have been playing drums for about 3 years & it is very fun.
Oh yes! :D
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

.You know I've always been a Dreamer (spent my life running 'round )
And it's so hard to change :? :? :? :wink: