Do You Think Led Zeppelin is Over Rated?

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff

Do you think LZ is over rated?

Yes
41%
No
59%

Total votes: 49

Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I don't understand how anyone can think that Led Zep is a good band. I just hate their music. :twisted:
Diin Jaffa
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Diin Jaffa »

Sir. Psychedelic Soul wrote:
Led Zepp was the 2nd best of the 70s and thats a fact.
nope. not a fact. commercially succesful maybe.
I feel that they must be liked because all of that hype but I find them very poor band.
Sir. Psychedelic Soul
Knife
Knife

Post by Sir. Psychedelic Soul »

Syd. wrote:I don't understand how anyone can think that Led Zep is a good band. I just hate their music. :twisted:
thats exactly what i said about Pearl Jam and everyone here gave me a hard time about it....
saucerful
Embryo
Embryo

Post by saucerful »

...they re not bad. I like Kashmir and Stairway to heaven.Not one of my fav bands though...
dmb04
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dmb04 »

Not overrated. The sound of Jimmys guitar first drew me into led zepp. found one of my brothers tapes (houses of the holy) and was hooked from then on.
JAXREBFAN
Axe
Axe

LED ZEPPELIN

Post by JAXREBFAN »

I think they were a hell of great band :!: They had many great songs that I and others I'm sure really really got into during the 70's :!: I never saw them in concert , but the dvd "HOW THE WEST WAS WON" was incredible :!: It really took you back to the concerts :!: They of course cannot hold a candle to PINK FLOYD :!: :!: :!:
javelin
Embryo
Embryo

Post by javelin »

Why is this question even being asked on a floyd forum? I think Meddler is just trying to start trouble. :?
mourinho
Axe
Axe

Post by mourinho »

i don?t think they are over rated. they are a very good band.

jimmy page is superb with his guitar.
Piper
Knife
Knife

Post by Piper »

I think Led Zeppelin was an awesome band. Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, John Bonham.. all among the greatest musicians for their respective instrument. Plant's singing talent is of course a matter of taste, you can't take away from him tho the huge range his voice had.
I have their concert film DVD they released about a year ago and it is really something to see.

They may have inspired some crap 80s hairbands, but that doesn't put Led Zep on the same level as those. Led Zeppelin had real musical virtuosity.
Kevin Layne
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Kevin Layne »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:No way. They're not as good as Pink Floyd or The Beatles IMO, but they are certainly not underrated. I think they were the second best band of the '70s.
You are right, I suppport your opinion. Led Zeppelin is one of the best bands of all the century, and whoever that think LZ is over rated had never opened his eyes to the reality. Aguante Led Zeppelin Loco!!!!!!
floydian123
Embryo
Embryo

led zepp

Post by floydian123 »

LED ZEPPLIN IS NOT CRAPPY, BUT the drum solo in moby dick sure is overrated. most Billy Cobham solos beat it hollow.