Rick Wright's possible floyd musics

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Luis F. Nunez

Rick Wright's possible floyd musics

Post by Luis F. Nunez »

I think that Rick, whith the "Broken china's album", was making a statement of the ongoing fertil musical creativeness that he has to offer to that unmached musical conceptual sound that is Pink Floyd. I think he was saying... Hey guys, (meaning the other members, and specially Roger) what if we put all the past frictions behind, and just move on whith what we can do together as a team... In Pieces like the instrumental "Satelite" with Pino Palladino's outstanding progressive bass playing, one can get but a glimpse of Rick's potential for setting new musical boundaries. In any case anyone of floyd's members has by far proven their individual talent. I can only "dream" for now, of what it could be if they finaly get their "Q" together.
Benedictusdespinoza

Post by Benedictusdespinoza »

Fact is that all those Waters-adorers mostly look at the credits and cite words from the master after his departure from Pink Floyd in 1985. Wright is up there, he just wasn't quite that able and quick enough to react to the change from a Pink Floyd creating music in the studio to a Pink Floyd writing lyrics and some chords or bass-notes at home, added with a guy unable to cope with his own weak character and therefor humiliating others. In fact Roger at that time was nothing else than a man acting like the teacher invented by himself for The Wall: By pouring his derision upon anything Wright did! Why ? to protect himself.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

It was a band decision to "fire" Wright during The Wall recording sessions. Rick, according to Nick, Roger, AND David was not offering anything in any way to Pink Floyd during that time.

Let me ask you a question: If you show up to work and don't do anything, do you expect to NOT be fired?

I think all of this nonsense about Roger "bullying" Rick is crap David Gilmour came up with to try and make MLOR and TDB more credible.
Benedictusdespinoza

Post by Benedictusdespinoza »

to Real Pink: i was not referring to the firing of Wright by Roger or the rest, nor was i referring to Daves comments about this after the split in 1985. I was referring to comments made by Wright i think in 1996-1997, during the release of Broken China, where he reflects on the seventies-history of Pink Floyd and the growing power of Roger. That's all