Nick Mason says David is as Roger was 20 years ago...

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Dydion
Axe
Axe

Nick Mason says David is as Roger was 20 years ago...

Post by Dydion »

Oh boy. Talk about role reversal...rather unusual of Nick to say that.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

Fantastic news!!!

I'm a bit sad that David has taken this position. You would think he would have been more mature than to keep the grudge going like Waters was.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

im tired of reading how awfull david gilmour is...waters sued him so many times why would david want to perform with him? waters has had more then one invite to play and gilmour was told to go fuck himself, why should he want to tour/record with waters? what benifit will it be to him? waters has used floyd to make david look bad, but im not buying it. i know they have both been asses to each other but i can see where david is coming from why does it seem im the only one who sees this? roger wants the spotlight for his tour all the floyd reunion will only help him just as it did davids tour. do you youngsters not recall the lawsuits? 1986-1987, 1994? i think there were 5 total...
im a big gilmour fan but i also see the truth as i grew up and payed attention during these dark years, i know gilmour was no angel but waters is a troll.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

I never said Gilmour was "awful" I just said it's sad they couldn't come to terms. I mean it was immature of Waters to behave the way he did, but now he want's peace with David. David is now behaving as Waters did all those years ago. All I'm saying is that it's a shame Gilmour had to respond that way.
jedi with crazy diamonds wrote: do you youngsters not recall the lawsuits? total
Yes grandpaw, I am completely familiar with the lawsuits :P :o :lol:

*I'm kidding Jedi*
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

I wonder if he just means that Dave wants Pink Floyd to dieout.I don't see Dave being a hard ass on the rest.It just don't seem like the thing Dave would be.I could be wrong though.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I think I've stated this opinion before...if anyone get's Deja Vu, that'll be why.

I really think that Gilmour's whole reason for doing AMLOR and TDB was to prove to Roger Waters that Pink Floyd could continue without him.

One album could have been written off as a fluke...so, TWO albums were released.

David has proven his point...he's done now.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

I was rather hoping for one of these to happen

1) Pink Floyd continue as Richard Wright and Nick Mason
2) Pink Floyd continie as Richard Wright, Nick Mason and Roger Waters.

I think David is done with the Floyd sadly. But theres still a chance they will come back in some form. Everyone seems to want to do it but David now :shock:
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

I guess Davids position is pretty clear. I feel that if he doesn't want to continue with Pink Floyd but the others do, then perhaps it would be prudent for him to give his blessing to the others continuing without him if they wish. Pink Floyd is the majority of its members, not just one person.

I have the greatest respect for David and he is my favorite PF member, but if they can't be with him it would be great also to see them without him.
Dowie100

Post by Dowie100 »

Its great to here how close they are to reforming gives me hope for Pink Floyd having a future. Maybe David will change his mind once "On an island" is completely over, who knows.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

You know..i'm not entirely sure that Richard Wright would want to record again with Waters. Or Nick Mason for that matter. Not record. I don't think they will ever record anything new, not as Pink Floyd. I think all that will happen is that the same thing as last wednesday, Hyde Park or Magny Cours happened. Just guest musicians on tours, or the odd concert all together. That will be it.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

What I got from that was 20 years ago....Dave was interested in Playing with waters and Waters wasn't......... now it is the reverse....no more no less :D
Zarquon
Blade
Blade

Post by Zarquon »

Dave will relent...Just watch this space :)
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

I wonder if he just means that Dave wants Pink Floyd to dieout.I don't see Dave being a hard ass on the rest.It just don't seem like the thing Dave would be.I could be wrong though.
I agree with you 100%. (Not that this is how David feels exactly, but how Nick sees things.)

Also, I wouldn't read too much into David's words. I don't know how many times I have read that to him "Live8 meant closure" or that "It was nice to put the shit to bed" or something like that, implying that Pink Floyd were completely done with, only to turn around in another interview and say "I can see us doing another benefit, but it would have to be something really worth while" or something to that effect. :roll:

I love David by the way. Saw him in Chicago 8)
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Dowie100 wrote:I was rather hoping for one of these to happen

1) Pink Floyd continue as Richard Wright and Nick Mason
2) Pink Floyd continie as Richard Wright, Nick Mason and Roger Waters.

I think David is done with the Floyd sadly. But theres still a chance they will come back in some form. Everyone seems to want to do it but David now :shock:
PINK FLOYD IS NOT PINK FLOYD WITHOUT DAVID GILMOUR !!!!

If those guys did perform together then they would be insane to think we'd buy it as Pink Floyd because it simply would not be.
Roger struggled for years and never really solved the guitar player problem on his albums until vaguely sorting it with Jeff Beck on a couple of tracks.
Pink Floyds basis for being was largely in the sound and you take a certain Mr Gilmour out of the equation and you lose an incredible amount of sound, feeling, expression etc and frankly if anyone thinks that PF can be called such without a certain member well frankly, you are as deluded as the remaining three may be if they ever perform together under the PF brand name but i really don't feel they are that daft. Not even Roger surely would be arrogant enough to think he'd get away with it.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

moodyblue wrote:PINK FLOYD IS NOT PINK FLOYD WITHOUT DAVID GILMOUR !!!!
Who plays guitar and sings most of the songs on The Piper At The Gates of Dawn and the first 3 singles?