Nick Mason says David is as Roger was 20 years ago...

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I think they did think about playing something from Animals on the last tour but i guess to play anything from that album would involve dropping another long song so for continuities sake, i feel that's the reason nothing was played from this album on both tours.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

I am reminded of a conversation picked up on the Meltdown bootleg:

Some Guy: Something from Animals, please!

Dave: Oh, we would, but then we'd be here past turf-out time.

That explains it all.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I don't get it! He plays Echoes (ok, the limited attention-span version minus the best bits) and thats longer than anything off Animals.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

he thinks some of Rogers songs are "a bit of a whinge"
and that Roger "bites the hand that feeds him"
so he doesnt play Have A Cigar, dropped Welcome To The Machine
plays little of The Wall
I think all of Animals falls into the whinge/bite-the-hand category as far as Daves concerned
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Also, according to Dave he had trouble with Dogs; it had "much too many words". He wasn't just saying that to take a dig at Roger; especially on the 1974 "rap" version of the song, he can be heard forgetting the lyrics and muttering incoherently.
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

Dydion wrote:
He always sounds chirpy and happy on the 87-89 and 94 tours.
Chirpy? Dave sounded chirpy? :smt042 :smt042
"Thank you very much indeed.
Good night!"

This was the talkative Gilmour during the AMLOR/TDB tours I remember.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

Haha! David is no Roger, and will never be so. I am dissapointed in my idol, as he won't go on tour with Floyd, but Roger have also said he won't tour as Pink Floyd. davd have said however, that if the right opportunity comes around...then they will perhaps do something.

Anyway, Pink Floyd played 2 songs at RAH. I wish Roger was there, but I guess he was too busy taping his vocals for the tour... :roll: :wink: So, it was Pink Floyd playing, but if Roger came on stage as well, it would be the ultimate lineup.
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

TheJoker wrote:I wish Roger was there, but I guess he was too busy taping his vocals for the tour... :roll: :wink:
Ooooo Burn!!!
closer
Axe
Axe

Post by closer »

David is pulling back from a possible reunion show. OH David. :evil:
hsed
Axe
Axe

Post by hsed »

Look Pink Floyd, original 4 man lineup, will most likely get together and play a one-off show before they all croak. The right moment/occassion will have to come along for them all to do something though.

As Nick has said recently, they will only do it for love and not for money or any thing else. I think Dave is reluctant right now but he will come around in time, and Roger has really mellowed out over the years so I don't see any huge impediments to them just getting together to play some songs.

A tour is out of the question. The disagreements would flare up again and it wouldn't be good for anyone. A one-off show is definitely something I expect to happen though.
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

0010 wrote:
TheJoker wrote:I wish Roger was there, but I guess he was too busy taping his vocals for the tour... :roll: :wink:
Ooooo Burn!!!
Why? :twisted: :roll: :wink: I just think it's below one of the greatest lyricists in the world's standards and dignity...
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

You realize you're saying this about the man who spent a year dressed up as the Fonz. (Now, granted, that isn't nearly as bad as lip-syncing...)
TheJoker
Blade
Blade

Post by TheJoker »

hsed wrote:Look Pink Floyd, original 4 man lineup, will most likely get together and play a one-off show before they all croak. The right moment/occassion will have to come along for them all to do something though.

As Nick has said recently, they will only do it for love and not for money or any thing else. I think Dave is reluctant right now but he will come around in time, and Roger has really mellowed out over the years so I don't see any huge impediments to them just getting together to play some songs.

A tour is out of the question. The disagreements would flare up again and it wouldn't be good for anyone. A one-off show is definitely something I expect to happen though.

I totally agree! None of them have ruled out special occasions, benefit concerts etc.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Tenniru wrote:Also, according to Dave he had trouble with Dogs; it had "much too many words". He wasn't just saying that to take a dig at Roger; especially on the 1974 "rap" version of the song, he can be heard forgetting the lyrics and muttering incoherently.
"rap" and Floyd 1974 never really :?

yo ist got ta be crazy gota av a real need blud :lol: :lol: was that it :lol:
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Post by Painmaster »

Pink Floyd plays a show of some of each of there solo material.