Nick Mason says David is as Roger was 20 years ago...

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

azza200 wrote:
Tenniru wrote:Also, according to Dave he had trouble with Dogs; it had "much too many words". He wasn't just saying that to take a dig at Roger; especially on the 1974 "rap" version of the song, he can be heard forgetting the lyrics and muttering incoherently.
"rap" and Floyd 1974 never really :?

yo ist got ta be crazy gota av a real need blud :lol: :lol: was that it :lol:
How else would I describe that incarnation of the song? Dave's lyrical sections had no melody, he just chanted them in rhythm. It was a bit faster-paced than most rap songs, but... (now, Roger's sections were intact and melodious, still.)
theman4455245
Blade
Blade
Location: The Only Place You Can't Show Breasts On Television

Post by theman4455245 »

I have to say that Dave MAY do a reunion tour AFTER his On An Island tour. Maybe if all of us mail them, they will go again per request of fans. I, personally, would love to see a tour of The Final Cut
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

theman4455245 wrote:I have to say that Dave MAY do a reunion tour AFTER his On An Island tour. Maybe if all of us mail them, they will go again per request of fans. I, personally, would love to see a tour of The Final Cut
I have to say that Dave WILL NOT do a reunion tour with that band he once was a guitar player for. I guess if they are all still alive in 20 or so years in their wheelchairs, we will all still be going on about them doing a geriactric reunion tour.
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

Give david a years or so with polly and the kids, he'll be ready to hit the road then!
UsandThem
Embryo
Embryo

Post by UsandThem »

UsandThem wrote:
jedi with crazy diamonds wrote:im tired of reading how awfull david gilmour is...waters sued him so many times why would david want to perform with him? waters has had more then one invite to play and gilmour was told to go fuck himself, why should he want to tour/record with waters? what benifit will it be to him? waters has used floyd to make david look bad, but im not buying it. i know they have both been asses to each other but i can see where david is coming from why does it seem im the only one who sees this? roger wants the spotlight for his tour all the floyd reunion will only help him just as it did davids tour. do you youngsters not recall the lawsuits? 1986-1987, 1994? i think there were 5 total...
im a big gilmour fan but i also see the truth as i grew up and payed attention during these dark years, i know gilmour was no angel but waters is a troll.
I totally agree with all of this... Gilmour is the classy diplomat & Waters is the ruthless, selfish dictator. Hell, even he admits this!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Nick Mason inspired this thread...bad Nick.
Machina
Blade
Blade

Post by Machina »

mosespa wrote:I think I've stated this opinion before...if anyone get's Deja Vu, that'll be why.

I really think that Gilmour's whole reason for doing AMLOR and TDB was to prove to Roger Waters that Pink Floyd could continue without him.

One album could have been written off as a fluke...so, TWO albums were released.

David has proven his point...he's done now.
But both albums were complete crap ,So what did it prove apart from crap sells.And what is the reason for putting out a live album for each studio album ?.The live albums are 80% or more Classic Pink Floyd tracks which where written when Roger was in the band .I saw Floyd in Rotterdam in 94 and they only played 6 post Waters tracks.So it doesn't prove much at all apart from the general public being as gullible as ever.oooh the lights
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Machina wrote:The live albums are 80% or more Classic Pink Floyd tracks which where written when Roger was in the band .I saw Floyd in Rotterdam in 94 and they only played 6 post Waters tracks.So it doesn't prove much at all apart from the general public being as gullible as ever.oooh the lights
8 tracks of 22 the first night :D also not 80% of the live records are classic floyd.... ... and we all know WHY Pulse was released don´t we?
cRaB
Knife
Knife

Post by cRaB »

no. why?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Gilmour (?) i think once said in an interview that they did not plan to release a live album of the DB tour, but when they started to play the complete DSOTM they thought it would be nice to finally have a live recording of that piece... so why not release it
Vlad The Impaler
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Vlad The Impaler »

Machina wrote: But both albums were complete crap ,So what did it prove apart from crap sells.

In short....a personal opinion does not automatically qualify as a universal fact.