No
39%

Total votes: 28

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd & Religion

Post by Keith Jordan »

Were any of the Pink Floyd religious at all? Or were they all a bunch of atheists?? I feel a poll coming on....
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Yes I Do. :D :D I don't believe that all things mankind can see or feel
happened by chance. 8) :wink:
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

And I think the PF boys believe in our Lord God.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Question: Do you believe in God?

Nick Mason: No I don't, though I quite often wish that I did. I believe in God Dylan. (See: Q-Magazine - August, 1995)

----

Question: Do you believe in God and that it was destiny what you achieved or do we control our destiny?

Roger Waters: No, I don't believe in fate.

There is something in the organisation of natural history and in history itself that leaves me to suppose that there is much more out there than we can comprehend. When I say out there, I'm not sure that I don't really mean in here...inside ourselves.

I don't subscribe to any religious dogma, but I'm closer to believeing in god than I am to being agnostic.

I believe in the idea that there are matters that are spiritual. (See: Roger Waters - Live Web Chat [March 13th, 2000])
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

yes, im a catholic and i believe in God
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I myself do not believe in God but do in the spiruital world. I am sure we exist outside of the 3 dimentions in which our physical matter is contained within. :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Keith Jordan wrote:I myself do not believe in God but do in the spiruital world. I am sure we exist outside of the 3 dimentions in which our physical matter is contained within. :D
Yeah - that's pretty much my interpretation too. I don't really believe in God, but I believe in spirits and ghosts... I guess that might sound a bit contradictary :?
My head starts to hurt when I think about this type of thing :|
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I believe in two things: God and Pink Floyd ;)
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Meddler wrote:I believe in two things: God and Pink Floyd ;)
I believe in P I N K F L O Y D!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I don't believe that "God" created us, this planet, or anything.

To say that "God" created anything is to ascribe a potential "beginning" to something which is a part of something that we are told has no beginning and/or no end.

I believe in a "higher conciousness," but I don't believe that it created anything. I believe that it just found itself and began interacting with what it was amongst.

I DO, however, believe it possible that the human race was genetically engineered by a race of extra-terrestrials, though I wouldn't say that THEY are "God," either. Even though by definition "God" IS "extra-terrestrial," not of this earth.

THE MEANING OF LIFE..."God" is not human...cannot become human and so, it would seem cannot know what it is to be human. However, "God" hungers for knowledge and seeks to know all. So, "God" devised a way to place small bits of "God's" astral matter within human casings to record information on what being human is about. We are all merely vehicles for a small bit of the astral matter which makes up the supreme conciousness...the good news is that that small bit of astral matter is what we call "the soul" or "the spirit" or what have you...it is your conciousness...it is what you are.

Now that I've blown the whistle on what God's up to AND explained the meaning of life...for my next trick, I will prove that black is white and get myself killed at the next zebra crossing.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

:D
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

I agree with Keith and Neil- for once, I don't feel like a religious outsider.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

No, to me the idea that one being created this world is a bit iffy, though if there was a god i'd be happy, science ruins everything and i don't like having physics explaining how the world came about.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I believe, to a degree, in Darwinism. Evolution equipped the brain with it's many complex modules for computational thought and reasoning. The universe came about by it;s own development: unassisted by some godly power. I believe in god, not as a person or being, but as a story which just represents something. 'E aint reaaal - in the voice of Roger The Hat. :-)

I have been reading a bit about computational theory of mind and it is rather interesting. I am reading Steven Pinkers "How the mind works" and it is good stuff! :-)
JML
Hammer
Hammer

Post by JML »

I believe in God but not christian God... I think that man has to find his own god. Bible was written by "ordinary" writers and it's their opinions of religion and man must have his own opinion of God and religion. Bible might be somekind of guide to religion but it can't be "religion". I'm not sure what I wrote...

And there has to be something after death.