My Rant

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

[quote="David Smith"]I'd like to say first IMO that i agree with the principles of PWPF but it is just a classic example of how to ruin a band, really TFC should have been the last album IMO.

But isn't this argument like saying Saucerful of secrets should have been the last album, since Syd was no longer with the group.

OR

The Wall should have been the last album, since Rick wasn't with the Band.
In The Flesh?
Embryo
Embryo

joke

Post by In The Flesh? »

Meddler wrote:;) JK... Anyway... I didn't want to make myself look dumber than I already ann

dumber then you already ann????? hmmmm

jk meddler you know I'm a friend...... :wink: :lol:

- Dani
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

madcap69 wrote: But isn't this argument like saying Saucerful of secrets should have been the last album, since Syd was no longer with the group.

OR

The Wall should have been the last album, since Rick wasn't with the Band.
Unlike when Syd left the band had already been going for like 20 years and unlike when Rick left they had lost an improtant member. Rick was hardly contributing at the time.
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

He wasn't contributing becuase Roger wouldn't let him contribute. At least, thats what I've read.

But you can really never believe anything anyway, can you? I don't know who is telling the truth and who isn't, or what is false and whats not.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, well perhaps not but i feel there was a great differance between Rick leaving and Roger leaving. Dave had every right to carry on IMO but i feel Pink Floyd had become old gits by that time having produced music for 20 years.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

Pink Floyd had become old gits by that time having produced music for 20 years.

TDB and MLOR are pretty good albums for a bunch of old gits!
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

I would agree!
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Yeah, but there was IMO really no need for AMLOR or TDB. The band had a great legacy and TFC would have been a classic final album. TDB may be quite a good album but Pink Floyd are notably less cool after doing it and have undoubtfully lost some credibility.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I notice that some of the pro-PWPF arguments center around the fact that what passes for PF these days is three members of PF augmented by other musicians whereas Roger's shows are just one guy with a totally different band and some people feel gypped by this.

Would you feel better if the shows were just Roger and his bass?

Roger HAS to have a "cover band"...he's not playing with PF anymore.

I mean...I'm pretty thick and I can still see that on my own.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What a damn good point, Mosespa. :-)
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Thanks, Keith.
David Smith

Post by David Smith »

Nothing wrong with Roger playing the tracks, it's just he claims Pink Floyd aren't Pink Floyd when they play his songs and yet he steals all the guitar, keyboard and drum parts making their theft of lyrics and bass seem the lesser of the two rip offs.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

David Smith wrote:Nothing wrong with Roger playing the tracks, it's just he claims Pink Floyd aren't Pink Floyd when they play his songs and yet he steals all the guitar, keyboard and drum parts making their theft of lyrics and bass seem the lesser of the two rip offs.

Would you rather he change the guitar parts and the keyboard parts and the drum parts so that people can complain that Roger's versions of the songs are unrecognizeable?

Roger's claim that Gilmour and Co. are NOT Pink Floyd has nothing to do with how they play the music.

It's the fact that they seized the name that HE (Roger) put so much blood, sweat and tears into building up.

Let me put it this way and see if this makes any sense...

This is the message board at neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk. No one disputes this, right?

Keith Jordan is the brains behind this board...David Smith is a moderator here...mosespa posts here occasionally.

Now...Keith decides that he's getting out of the Pink Floyd web board business. Wants to move on to a Roger Waters specific web board...for example.

Keith figures that eventually, neptunepinkfloyd will run out of memory space and people will have to stop posting here and move on to other things...hopefully his Roger Waters board, for example. And while we're on that subject, David Smith and mosespa can get their own boards going if they want to.

Instead, David Smith with mosespa's nominal help take over the website and with the help of a Bob Ezrin type who knows all the mechanics of running a web board re-open the board with the same kind of design themes...but maybe the colors are now red and yellow instead of blue.

Also...David Smith and mosespa don't really care what gets posted on the board...so all sorts of people show up posting a bunch of nonsense, rather than the usual thoughtful posts that made the board back when Keith ran it.

It's still called neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk...but is it really the same web board?

I wouldn't think so.

And I would think that Keith would have every right to be QUITE ticked off by it.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

That is a very good illustrative example but that is assuming the whole forum community is mine! I just happen to own it. It is all you posting people (and the rules) who make it so good! It is a team!! :D
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

True to that Keith!