Pink Floyd Places..

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Neil

Pink Floyd Places..

Post by Neil »

Which Floyd related place would you most like to visit ??

Pompei? All the their old hang outs in Cambridge? Potsdamer Platz? Earls Court? etc, etc

I know this is boring and predictable; but I'd have to say Battersea power station!! :lol: :lol:
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

I would like to go to: Earls Court, Granchester Meadows, The old hangouts at Cambridge, & of course, Battersea Power station.
In The Flesh?
Embryo
Embryo

floyd places

Post by In The Flesh? »

I went to Earls Court, Battersea, and Cambridge. In Cambridge I walked around and saw all the floyd related places I could find in one day. Seeing the house Syd grew up in, and the house he was born in was very interesting. It just gave me an unexplainable feeling really. Almost ghost like I suppose. I also took a walk down Rock Rd., the street where Roger grew up. I unfortunately didn't make it out to Granchester. :( Next time.

BTW I just walked by. I in no way disturbed anybody living there, nor did it even cross my mind to go by where Syd now resides.

-Dani
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

That sounds like a very fun trip Dani! Id love to go there sometime. Maybe I can stay with someone who lives there from this site ;). Anyway... would Abbey Road studios count as a Pink Floyd place? Cuz if so thats where Id like to visit. Can you imagine the history? Hanging out with the fellas, cracking crustless pie jokes, watching monty python, seeing them record. I would of loved to of been a friend. Maybe in some life I was. Maybe we all were. Thats why we like them so much. Maybe even some of us were them. Okay I'm going to go take some medicine and watch re-runs of Dr. Who. Please excuse me! :wink:
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

When i went to London a couple of years ago I wandered down Britania Row to see their old studio.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

I live in London and I grew up in Cambridge (my parents still live there - Cherry Hinton, not too far from Syd). I've checked out most of the Pink Floyd areas of interest. My band has played in many of the Cambridge venues the Floyd (and Syd) played. I still haven't checked out Battersea PowerStation properly though. That's next.
crofloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by crofloyd »

I would like to visit Grantchester Meadows and have an acoustic session with Syd there. Him and me, two guitars and a tape loop (refernce to Led Zeppelin TSRTS), some lifting supstances to make an interesting piece of music and a hidden camera :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Anyone know what's happened to the UFO club? Is it still there..?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Neil wrote:Anyone know what's happened to the UFO club? Is it still there..?
Still there but shut down and in a state of disrepair last i heard.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Neil wrote:Anyone know what's happened to the UFO club? Is it still there..?
Still there but shut down and in a state of disrepair last i heard.
Cheers Keith - that's a shame.. it could have been like what the Cavern is now to the Beatles :(
It would've been a great place for a PF reunion..
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Neil wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote: Still there but shut down and in a state of disrepair last i heard.
Cheers Keith - that's a shame.. it could have been like what the Cavern is now to the Beatles :(
It would've been a great place for a PF reunion..
We could all still invade the cavern though! Rent the back room out where Gilmour played Guitar for McCartney a couple of years ago. We would hire Think Floyd and get a couple of others on!! :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Keith Jordan wrote:We could all still invade the cavern though! Rent the back room out where Gilmour played Guitar for McCartney a couple of years ago. We would hire Think Floyd and get a couple of others on!! :lol:
Let's do it!!! :lol:

Last time i went to cavern there was this really cheesy picture of Macca on the wall (from early 90's I think) with him in 'mid-strum' and with his mouth wide open looking like he was constipated!!