Pink Floyd in School

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Zepeleptic
Embryo
Embryo

Pink Floyd in School

Post by Zepeleptic »

This is great, I was sittin in my Science class and we were watching this lame movie, and they were talkin about the moon, and they said "In Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the moon, they were wrong, and there is no dark side of the moon it is all dark" I was laughin so hard, because a while ago I watched this History of Rock video and they were talkin about Dark Side and them going around askin people what they thought of and that janitor of that studio sayin "Its all dark" I guess that janitor went on to make educational films. Yeah, just thought youd want to know that.....
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Great Story.
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

awesome, a science video talked about pink floyd. one of the only pink floyd fans i had in school was my history teacher, we traded bootlegs, i thought that was cool
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Tommy wrote:awesome, a science video talked about pink floyd. one of the only pink floyd fans i had in school was my history teacher, we traded bootlegs, i thought that was cool
You & your history teacher traded bootlegs!? That is unbelievable!!!! :shock:
Zepeleptic
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Zepeleptic »

thats frickin sweet! There are only two Pink Floyd Fans in my high school, and lets say the other one didnt even know there was a movie The Wall, so i guess i am the only one.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Gonzo wrote:
Tommy wrote:awesome, a science video talked about pink floyd. one of the only pink floyd fans i had in school was my history teacher, we traded bootlegs, i thought that was cool
You & your history teacher traded bootlegs!? That is unbelievable!!!! :shock:
A cool history teacher called "Mr Kiff" (real name) used to go to the pub with us at lunch time at my college!! :-) Some teachers are just cool. Dig it?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Some teachers are just cool. Dig it?
yeh i dig it :D

My Geography Teacher was at Knebworth in 1975 and when we saw each other on the coach I don't know who was more supprised me or him. Come to think of it I always got good marks for homework after that.
PowR TocH
Blade
Blade

Post by PowR TocH »

Cool story. My own: I went to school in my PF DSotM T-shirt, unaware of my science class' topic. I came to classrom and my teacher said:
Class today we will talk about the prism, Luke come hear please
So I went to my teacher's desk
Now woud you be so kind and turn face to the class?
So I did
Class look carefully at Luke's T-shirt. Now draw the prism.
Iwas standing there for about 15 mins. so everyone could draw it.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Today, in science class. We were watching a volcano documentary about Pompeii. & guess what I saw on the video? THE AMPITHEATURE! It looked pretty much the same when Pink Floyd performend. Thought I'd share that with you.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

My highschool outlawed all rock T-shirts (it was a small private school). Most of my shirts were PF tees, except for a few which were Boston, Yes, or Led Zeppelin. Needless to say I served a ton of detentions. :evil:

Anywho, I got lots of comments from various teachers such as "Awesome shirt, but I can't let you wear that..." or "Great band; illegal T-shirt." But after hours, I got into some really awesome conversations with some of the cooler teachers about their PF concert experiences. One of my more eccentric teachers even launched into an eardrum-splitting rendition of Another Brick. Those were some good times...
PowR TocH
Blade
Blade

Post by PowR TocH »

About this amphitheatre at Pompeii I WAS there. I stood at very place. And I was there for the first time on a field trip from my school. All the people were looking at me as if i was crazy or somethin'. I began to tell the story of the concert to my former girlfriend and that was the moment she started to listen to PF.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

We had a really bizarre Pink Floyd based project at one of my schools. I cant really remember how it all came about but each class had to put together a dance routine for some reason (we were only about 8 or 9 years old) and our teacher chose Money for our class! Fortunately I managed to blag the job of tape op and got out of it:-) The poor class next door had to do Eve of the War from War of the Worlds!!!

Another great Floyd moment was at my college when one of lecturers mentioned that he was at the Brighton show where Dark Side was premiered (most of it anyway), so the next day I surprised him with a copy of the bootleg, he was dead chuffed!

Stu
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

I've managed to convert some people in my school to Pink Floyd fans, so i'm not totally alone.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

One other person likes Pink Floyd in my school and he's one of those ignorant types who only likes DSOTM. Anyone else who's heard them says they're crap or average and yet can't name 3 songs by them.
Last edited by David Smith on Mon Jun 09, 2003 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I was in my english class and my teacher mr. Donnelle wanted everyone to say something that was a hugew coincidence, so i said The Dark side of the moon and the wizard of oz, and we got into this huge conversation in the middle of class and everyone else was completly clueless of what we were talking about and after that he went on to give me a copy of live at pompeii (which was in his desk by the way!) and he also went on to play ITAOT in class allmost everyday!