Live At Pompeii DVD released in France

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Live At Pompeii DVD released in France

Post by FloydNZ »

The new official Live At Pompeii - The Directors Cut DVD has been released only in France and is available from Amazon.fr.
I have spoken to a friend in France who assures me that it is not one of the crappy bootlegs found on ebay, but the real thing with all the extras and the artwork which was shown in the 3rd edition of Storms Mind Over Matter book.

I can only assume that Adrian Maben (the director) has decided to release it in his own country before the rest of the world.
enigma00
Axe
Axe

Post by enigma00 »

That kinda sucks. It is not going to be availlable in North America until October 20th, I believe.

REMEMBER North Americans, do not buy this french version, as it will not work in Region 1 (North American) DVD players. Unless of course you have a method of conversion, or a Region 2 DVD player.
Meddler
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Meddler »

I've got a region free pal<>ntsc converter dvd player. Its great. I bought the Back to the Future Trilogy months before it came out here in the US. It has come in handy many times. I might just get the France version.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have just bought a copy.... I think! The site was in frency and I don't do french!! They sent me a confirmation email and I saw Pompeii directors cut within all the mess! Weh hey! :-)
FloydNZ
Blade
Blade

Post by FloydNZ »

I just did the same Keith....I went for the cheapest shipping option..... which apparenty takes 10-12 days.....and it still cost me almost as much for the postage to NZ as it did for the dvd
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I hate the french - first it was apples and now it's pink floyd DVD's
Be Live Now
Axe
Axe

Post by Be Live Now »

drafsack wrote:I hate the french - first it was apples and now it's pink floyd DVD's
:lol: