Delicate Sound of Thunder

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
bkovacs
Axe
Axe

Delicate Sound of Thunder

Post by bkovacs »

I wish this concert tour was put on DVD. Liked it better than Pulse. I got it on VHS. :)
Nick22
Knife
Knife

Post by Nick22 »

hmm interesting.

delecate sound was an interesting concert but to me not better than pulse (a close second though). :D :)
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Horrid concert if you ask me. Everything that was bad about the 80's and post waters floyd, its worse than a greatest hits show
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

I thought it was fairly boring on CD, but a lot more interesting to watch. The stage show was actually more enjoyable than the music!

(Isn't there another thread about this somewhere?)

(Also I guess it should be in the Pink Floyd section, rather than Pink Floyd members)
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I thought the stage show of this tour was better than Division Bell Tour with a lot better use of the lasers and the floyd droids etc. But I thought the music was better on the DB tour and the mirror ball was a lot better
hi-watt
Blade
Blade
Location: everywhere and nowhere baby, thats where I'm at (or try Dorset UK)

Post by hi-watt »

Production and sound quality was way better on PULSE, but there is something about DSOT VHS that i really like, i dont know if its Dave's mullet or his dazzeling aray of white t-shirts on that tour, or the fact that i was just really getting into floyd when that came out and hadnt discovered anything other than MLOR and the wall.

So yes, i would love to see a DVD of it, but given how long PULSE took, lets not hold our breath eh! :wink:
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I like how this is this is in the solo projects section!
a subconcious slip in which the truth comes out! leave it here

Tenniru wrote a positive reviewof this recently,
and Dave himself admittedhe was high on cocaine the whole time, as if that wasnt already obvious to the whole world just from watching this vid
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

I like DSOT more, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it never made it to dvd.

/me moves thread
chuckmein
Axe
Axe

Re: Delicate Sound of Thunder

Post by chuckmein »

I think Pulse musically and visually was a better tour than DSOT. Some of the musicians on the DSOT Tour were ' Clown Like ' , Nice Mullet there Scott Page and I am sorry Scott you are maybe 1\3 the Sax player that Dick Parry is .

Chuck

bkovacs wrote:I wish this concert tour was put on DVD. Liked it better than Pulse. I got it on VHS. :)
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

I guess "Pulse" was their second post-Waters outing, and they had learned from a few of their mistakes by then. Also, "Delicate Sound" just seemed like a hit parade, whereas "Pulse" had the "Dark Side" set to give it a little more structure.

I liked the sax player they had at Knebworth; what was her name again?
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

I like DSOT but the thing i like more about it oer Pulse is the sound has a more Live feeling the guitar on Sorrow and CN is very good and the solo on DSOT CN is very underrated it my fav version of CN.
hi-watt
Blade
Blade
Location: everywhere and nowhere baby, thats where I'm at (or try Dorset UK)

Post by hi-watt »

Pat Albertson wrote:I guess "Pulse" was their second post-Waters outing, and they had learned from a few of their mistakes by then. Also, "Delicate Sound" just seemed like a hit parade, whereas "Pulse" had the "Dark Side" set to give it a little more structure.

I liked the sax player they had at Knebworth; what was her name again?
Candy Dulfer
oldhippy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by oldhippy »

I went to the Wembley Stadium concert for this show. If I remember correctly it started about 8pm it was still light so some of the light show effects didn?t work to well the sound was good. Even after drinking cans of Carlsberg Special Brew and other vast quantities of larger it never made any difference. Pulse was much better at Earls Court all-round lights, sound and content. Alcohol was bloody expensive and crap.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I've never seen it, so (for once in my life) I will restrain from adding any opinion to the matter!
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I wish they would rerelease DSOT on DVD, BUT re-edit the whole thing so you can tell what's going on and there's not an edit ever second. They must have all that film lying around still. I liked the effects on that tour better than Pulse but unfortunately you can barely see most of it on the DSOT concert video. (I still don't know how the flying plane made sense at the end of the On The Run film instead of a flying bed.)

Personally I think they should have made DSOT with one camera angle directly in front of the stage...no edits anywhere, just like how you'd see it at the show. Otherwise it's hard to notice all the things moving around. There could be a Dave, Nick and Rick cam or something in the corners of the screen though....

Oh and they could remix the sound so there's real audience noise and not a canned audience loop....