Please leave the Barretts alone

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Madshef
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Madshef »

But we did our tributes with love and respect by posting them on the websites and such. We didn't camp out on Roger's lawn with candles and guitars singing See Emily Play all night like the scene at the Dakota when John Lennon was killed. We rallied together and posted or voiced our tributes to Syd but without personally bothering the Barretts and that is why what we did made things more acceptable. We behaved ourselves.
latenight
Embryo
Embryo

Post by latenight »

Read the interview: it seems that Rosemary doesn't mind that people make pilgrimages to Syd's home, leaving flowers and messages. I think that, within reason, such behaviour is acceptable and understandable. I also think that the interview reflects a shift in Rosemary's attitude towards the fans and the media, but time will tell.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I like the idea of naming those gates at the Botanic Gardens "The Gates of Dawn"! 8)
Madshef
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Madshef »

Then I guess a little bit of contact with the Barretts is OK since Rosemary seems to be cool with it. When Syd was alive (man that's still hard to say) the rule was to leave him alone. Now that he's departed maybe a bit of fan contact will help his family in the healing process, but let's not all go at once. As you rightfully said "time will tell" how they'll come to deal with Syd's enduring legacy and those of us who will never forget him.
ironbaden
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ironbaden »

Madshef wrote:As you rightfully said "time will tell" how they'll come to deal with Syd's enduring legacy and those of us who will never forget him.
Who Knows There may be some Gem's the family knows about that may be released as a Thank You to the fans....... :D
Madshef
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Madshef »

Anything is possible. Let's see what happens over the next few months. I know that the guy who has that "Thrown Together Boogie Band" tape has had it cleaned up and remastered so maybe that will come out just for its historical significance. Maybe the infamous Stars tapes will finally surface, or maybe nothing will since the vaults have supposedly been raided for anything worthwhile. Time will tell.